Photo comic

pmsnel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi

I'm planning a photoshoot tomorrow. The goal is to make a photo comic about someones profession. I will be folowing my subject for "a day". The goal of the comic is to show school kids what it's like to have a certain profession.

Does anyone has tips or tricks to make a nice photo comic? What are the do's and don'ts?

Thanks for all the input!;)

I guess I've only seen these things in advertisement. Most of the time, they're fairly posed. I would look for clear, bright colors. Medium to full-body shots. Poses that clearly indicate the action or activity. Maybe 1 in 5 shots should be unposed but represent a clear, frozen moment. I would also focus on narrative. If it is 3-5 images, you want a beginning, middle, and end. If it is 10+ images, you're looking for several beginnings and middles, a few semi-ends, and then a finale.

just search the internet around for photoshop macros that'll make your photos look like cartoons.
The photos should be better cropped in portraits, the less details in the background, the better!
cheers...

I guess I've only seen these things in advertisement. Most of the time, they're fairly posed. I would look for clear, bright colors. Medium to full-body shots. Poses that clearly indicate the action or activity. Maybe 1 in 5 shots should be unposed but represent a clear, frozen moment. I would also focus on narrative. If it is 3-5 images, you want a beginning, middle, and end. If it is 10+ images, you're looking for several beginnings and middles, a few semi-ends, and then a finale.

Thanks for your tips! They're very helpful. Was feeling a bit overwhelmed.
Yes I also wanted to avoid the posed pictures. I don't want it to look fake, but I do want to avoid blurring because of movement.
It will be a day in her work, so clear beginning (arrival on work), middle (actual work) and end (going home).
Clear, bright colours is going to be a challenge. I will be shooting in a lab environment...

I will see if I can post some results. I have to keep in mind that it also is going to be published.

I'd get some comic books and see how they frame shots.

Good idea! Although my comic collection is limited to Donald Duck comics...:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back