Photo critique please

I'm not a professional by any means, but may I take a shot at editing her skin? Just want practice :)
Hi, David. You directed this post to me, but you should ask the OP.

maybe you can adjust the collors by the 'blur/average method'. If you duplicate the layer in PS and then go to filter/blur/average, you get the average collor of your picture. If you open en new adjustment layer for levels or curves an pic the grey pipet and click on the average collor it wil change into 18% gray. If you make the duplicated layer invisible you ll see the adjusment on the picture. This image wil be less red/purple.

Sure, yeah. My email is listed on my website.

I'll edit in Photoshop and tell you everything I did. That way you can reproduce it if you like it enough.
Awesome, thanks so much. Email sent
Hi, I'd like to have this image printed as a canvas, and was hoping before I did, that someone would give me an idea how it can be improved in post-processing. I'm a novice Photoshop CS5 user.

How can I improve the color in her face? Does the white balance look correct?

Any other suggestions?

What do you think of the picture overall?
I think someone with better skills than I should make some adjustments to her skin.

I made some adjustments to the WB, reds, and overall exposure. I think the saturations was too high. Before you get this printed, get somebody skilled to made some edits.

View attachment 93750

I'm not a professional by any means, but may I take a shot at editing her skin? Just want practice :)

That would be awesome! That's just where I am as well. Would you like me to email you the original NEF raw file?

Amaz
Sure, yeah. My email is listed on my website.

I'll edit in Photoshop and tell you everything I did. That way you can reproduce it if you like it enough.
Awesome, thanks so much. Email sent
Hi, I'd like to have this image printed as a canvas, and was hoping before I did, that someone would give me an idea how it can be improved in post-processing. I'm a novice Photoshop CS5 user.

How can I improve the color in her face? Does the white balance look correct?

Any other suggestions?

What do you think of the picture overall?
I think someone with better skills than I should make some adjustments to her skin.

I made some adjustments to the WB, reds, and overall exposure. I think the saturations was too high. Before you get this printed, get somebody skilled to made some edits.

View attachment 93750

That would be awesome! That's just where I am as well. Would you like me to email you the original NEF raw file?

Hi Gossamer,

I've already fiddled around a bit with the JPG version last night. But because you did not give me permission to share or edit, I just kept it to myself.

I don't think I'll be able to work on it again until tomorrow, but feel free to send me the NEF of the file. I'll send you my email via a PM.

In the mean time, here's the unfinished PSD of the photo that I worked on last night: DSC9390_ReganLeavesForum50

Hi Gossamer,

I've already fiddled around a bit with the JPG version last night. But because you did not give me permission to share or edit, I just kept it to myself.

I don't think I'll be able to work on it again until tomorrow, but feel free to send me the NEF of the file. I'll send you my email via a PM.

In the mean time, here's the unfinished PSD of the photo that I worked on last night: DSC9390_ReganLeavesForum50

Great, thanks so much. I'll download the PSD, but I'm unable to locate your email address to forward on the original NEF. Are you still able to do that? Please send me your email?

Great, thanks so much. I'll download the PSD, but I'm unable to locate your email address to forward on the original NEF. Are you still able to do that? Please send me your email?

Oh, I found your email! Thanks for the private message. NEF file sent.

Hello, I just now am able to look at the original RAW file. I have no idea what you did but your kid's skin was already perfect (not model perfect but it looked nice) before editing. I'm assuming you didn't mask out the edits and changes which resulted in the bad skin in your edit.

Anyways, here is my quick edit of your picture. Feedback and Criticism welcomed.

And as always, PSD file here: gossamer

Attachments

• gossemer.jpg
    gossemer.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I emailed you my changes. Apologies for the longer than expected wait. My weekend got busy really fast.

Most reactions

Back