photo critique please

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by EquiDreamDesigns, Mar 29, 2004.

1. EquiDreamDesigns

EquiDreamDesigns TPF Noob!

Hi I'm looking for some honest opinions and constructive criticism here.
    Thanks

Feet in the Water
    [​IMG]

Florida postcard
    [​IMG]

Climbing the sand cliffs
    [​IMG]

Eyes
    [​IMG]

I hope those worked.

2. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi EquiDreamDesigns,

thanks for posting these, welcome board!

1. I like the idea. You have good colour, but it fails to get my interest. The colours of shoe are the key to me here (thats what gets my eye) but one shoe is obscured by the foam the other is the shadows, so the shoes don't stick out as much as they could.

I see hints of action, with water be dropped- but I would like to see more of splash, or a kicking of water/sand with these feet.

2. This one stands out most for me. The colours are bright and vibrant and remind of beach. ah i can smell the suntan lotion from here :) The composition is fine, but just a couple of things to check. Make sure that your horizon is straight, and also make sure that the blue thingy doesn't get cut out of the scene. From colour standpoint, the pic has a bit of a magenta cast (could be my monitor). Other than that, lovely beach seen. Overall, I think the colours turned out nice here for the beach shots, it is darn hard to get good colour in bright daylight. I would consider investing in a polarising filter if you take alot shots outside :)

3. I wish I could see her face :( If this shot showed more motion, ie some sort of motion blur, i think that would help this image more. I can't really tell if she is climbing, falling down or crawling. Colours look good here.

4. Nice shot. Whats the baby staring at? I like the bubbly eyes here!

I hope that helps, those are just my thoughts, take 'em with a grain of salt :)

3. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    just to add my 2 cents, in the second one i really like it but I dont like the green spade in the white bucket. I just find it distracting. Otherwise, your making me smell the sea air :roll: