Photo Edit

pulse

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Before i spend some time editing this photo i was wondering if i could get some feedback. I really like the photo but at the same time hate it because of all the terrible blurred spots and other mistakes(i am still very new to photography). So i was wondering if you guys had any tips on editing(or shooting) to make it better (it will be alot of work :lol:)
such as: -getting rid of the blurred weeds infront (maby try cloning them out)
-halos around tree
-HDR tone levels (too bright, dark areas?)
- Etc.
Or is this a throw out and shoot again type of deal (probably lol:lmao:)

Any C&C is greatly welcome

bridgekk9.jpg

I think this is quite a nice image; the tone mapping isn't bad, it does have a little of that artificial hdr look, but not much. The overall exposure is good. The haloing may be a result of camera movement between frames; was this shot from a tripod?

As far as the grass on the foreshore, I wouldn't clone it out, that would be a lot of work. You might consider re-shooting it either with a greater DoF to keep that are in focus, or by moving forward so that it's out of the frame (I however like the effect that bit of shore provides, I would keep it).

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

I'm with Tirediron - nice image...
I think you should do the work on it...
You mention HDR - if it is HDR then go back to the original images and redo - the halos around the trees are likely to be from blending the images together
I would keep the "weeds" at the front - this is great foreground and frames the water, leads out beautifully to the left - following the bridge... If you don't like - then you could selectively blur this area - However, that would give you problems because 'a' and 'b' have stems of the plants overlaying the water...
'c' = artifacts? dust? birds? UFO's?
'd' those raggedy pieces of tree/bush could be cloned out...
I'd go back to the original images and redo... it will be a good exercise since you already know where you have gone wrong...
Jedo

Attachments

• $landscape.jpg
    $landscape.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 122
and there was me thinking I was gonna get a lampooning for scribbling all over his pitcher...:lol:
Jedo

well does that mean I get credit for introducing the idea????

and there was me thinking I was gonna get a lampooning for scribbling all over his pitcher...:lol:
Jedo

well does that mean I get credit for introducing the idea????

Well, it's the first time I've seen it used on this forum!

Thanks for the comments guys! i really like how helpfull the people are in this forum.

was this shot from a tripod?

Yes it was. I tried to make the weeds out of frame but i just couldnt get that close to the shoreline without getting my feet wet.

it does have a little of that artificial hdr look

I think ill go back and re-do the hdr, to try and get less of the "cartoonish" look, and maby get rid of the halos.

And for 'C' jedo it is actually a bird lol. there was tons of em flyin around, aswell as ducks, which made it hard to compose some of the HDR images.

Thanks for pointing out 'D' to me, i didnt even see that until you told me.

I really like the 'critique map' too jedo. by using it, its really easy to see what your trying to tell me. Sometimes when people comment on a specific part of the photo its like.....um.....Where? lol

Anyway, im going to start the re-do. When im finished(or get some of it done) ill post it up to show the improvements.

Wow...Certain shots are for certain types of people but I think this one does it for me....great composition good lighting, the image can alway improve but for a unworked image, i say good job.

Last edited:
Thanks NikonNyc!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back