Photo Edit

aejoso

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this photo of my friend. He really liked it and kept asking for me to give him the picture, which frustrated me because I really didnt like it. So I made an attempt to improve it, C&C please.

DSCN1611.jpg

DSCN1611_edited-2.jpg

I know...I know... It's a P&S camera photo, quality is not the best.

First shot is better. It's more balanced as a portrait. Second one is just too busy with his shirt and the sky, plus his face isn't as bright, so I'd take the first one. First shot is just more natural.

The more I look at them, the more I really dont like either of them.

The first has way too much white and no contrast
The second is way too blue and dark.
Bleh..:grumpy:

I would agree, the edit was a bit blue...here's a DrexEdit:

Dude.jpg

Again, for the sake of repetition, I am lazy and so this is not a complete edit...just an example. For the background, I used the top portion of this photo I took (hope you don't mind):

IMG_3333%20-%20Copyrecolored.jpg

Last edited:
he's slightly blurry. I'm betting you were hand held at a longish shutter since you over exposed the original.

the editing is overdone too and it doesn't fix the core problem which is the lack of focus

oh mai.

reshoot.

Agent, nice background swap. Gotta learn to do that.

Here's my go.
-brightness, -highlights, +contrast on subject, +sharp subject
No idea how to take down the harsh contrast of the hair against the white background. Tried to blur the edges of bit.

DSCN1611ps.jpg

I just used the quick selection tool (it was easy with all the whites) or use a pen tool and trace around the subject and layer via cut...then place a layer below it, add a background...blur it (or whatever) to suit taste...it is a great "facebook" photo of your buddy...meaning great for an avatar or something similar...keep going...

BTW: to shorten my name, simply use Drex...I use this nick in the analog world as well...

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back