Photo Editing Program

ptcruza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok guys... whats the catch. There are millions out there and I want a good one!!!! Ive searched everywhere for one that I'm able to change only one color in the pic and leave the rest of the picture black and white... blemish removers... teeth whitening. WHERE DO I FIND THIS! lol.... Please help. Any :idea:

If money not a consideration - Photoshop CS3

Otherwise, Photoshop Element which is less then $100.

For an idea how "selective coloring" can be done in photoshop, click here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Paintshop pro has a tool to do everything you mentioned. It's under a hundred bucks and in comparison to PS, it can to the same things with each application having its pros and cons.

If you want to manipulate your images, make collages, add overlays, draw etc. in addition to basic adjusting get Photoshop Elements

If you want a program that is more organization oriented (though elements can organize too), go for Aperture (Apple) or Lightroom (Adobe). They both offer an extensive array of adjustments but don't allow you to make collages, add overlays, draw etc.. One good thing is that their interfaces are centered around the image, not the image centered around the interface.

OP, try using the search tool..

Hey Jacksonville! I'm in Pensacola ...

If you're serious about learning and using the software that really does what you want, I'd say there's only one choice - Photoshop. I'd start with Elements 6 (If you're a Mac user like me, wait until the end of this month. That's when the newest version, Elements 6, will be avail. for Macs)

Around $100, and you get a very sophisticated program that is plenty for most people - including a lot of professionals. It can certainly do the selective color thing you mentioned. In fact I have a tutorial on it, based on Elements 4 & 5 but easily converted to any version of PS.

Here's where you can go to check out the tutorial:

http://www.jimsdigitaldiary.com/colorizing.html

OK, yeah, there are a ton of other programs out there, some of them are free. But believe me, Photoshop defines this industry. Everything that any other program can do PS does better and more professionally ... and they probably invented it anyhow.

If you ever get serious enough to consider the professional version, yeah, it's expensive. but you'll know when it's time ... and if it's worth the extra $.

I have the Photoshop CS3 Suite. It will whiten teeth.

I believe there is a significant student discount applicable to the full version of Photoshop.

Know any students? ;)

"The Gimp" lets me do color selection, teeth and other things. Its free. something for learners, but photoshop is deff. worth looking into for the money.

Most reactions

Back