Photo Editing Programs

gimp is pretty good for free... or consider when u buy you camera, if it has photoshop elements with it, as the only software better is the full version... i use photoshop professionally ALL day u cant beat it!!

Since you're just starting, stick with whatever comes with your camera till you get a better idea what you need.

Photography is, in my opinion, a process and everyone has a favorite part of the process. A friend shoots birds and what he really enjoys is getting out in the world and finding that one bird. Other people enjoy spending hours at the computer working on a single photo. Decide where your interests lie and let that help determine where you go.

I also know people who take family snapshots and are happy printing JPEG out of the camera.

I didnt get any free programs when I bought my camera. I got jipped!
So i use Gimp. Its a little confusing at first. But not bad.

I agree with Patrickt...it really depends on what you want to edit. For me FastStone Image Viewer works fine as an editor even though it's pretty simplistic. However, the software is free and very fast...and it does everything I need. Now, granted I'm not a professional photographer...just family pictures and travel pictures that I post on my travel blog.

FastStone is FREE...I've been using it for over two years and I love it ! But if you really need to edit your pictures and add layers...then you need something like PS or Gimp. I use Elements when I need to create an image but I rarely use it to edit an existing image.

Christina: "I didnt get any free programs when I bought my camera. I got jipped!"

The best thing I can say about the software that comes free is it gives you a place to start and you always get your money's worth.

And, I'm intrigued. Did you misspell gypped or were you being politically correct and trying to avoid insulting gypsies?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back