Photo Editing Programs

First of all, I would like to apologize if my message was perceived as a spam. I have absolutely nothing to do with the companies that have created those tools. I simply mentioned them because, from my point of view, they are simple, easy to use and can streamline certain operations.

I think everyone is entitled to an opinion, even if the idea expressed differs from the rest.

Fair enough.

I am curious though, what are some of the features that make them worth considering?

As a Mac user Affininty photo is the closest to Photoshop that I have found. It is inexpensive compared to Photoshop, has virtually all the same tools. The layout is a bit different if you have used photoshop and takes a bit of getting used to. The one improvement I have found is its rendering speed. Blows photoshop out of the water for speed. How they do it I don't know, but they do. It is not a subscription program like Adobe is going to. Non destruction Raw editing, a must have.

Down side, well for some, it is currently Mac only.

I mentioned Pixlr because, at least to me, it is a successful online version of Photoshop. It is easy to use, easy to navigate and it provides great editing options, including some overlays which I find one of a kind.

On the other hand, BatchPhoto is a completely different tool. It is designed to streamline certain repeatable operations. It's not the ideal program if you aspire after brilliant retouching, but it's the right one if you want to automate operations like resizing or watermarking.

I mentioned Pixlr because, at least to me, it is a successful online version of Photoshop. It is easy to use, easy to navigate and it provides great editing options, including some overlays which I find one of a kind.

On the other hand, BatchPhoto is a completely different tool. It is designed to streamline certain repeatable operations. It's not the ideal program if you aspire after brilliant retouching, but it's the right one if you want to automate operations like resizing or watermarking.

Pixlr is remarable for the price and is available as a DLable app.

Don't know if this is every one's cup of tea but:
install | darktable
This is a free alternative to Lightroom - currently the developer targets OSX/Linux however a kind soul has also ported it to windows:
Partha's Place

Given it's 100% freeware if you like the sort of thing Lightroom offers but not he price tag, I suggest giving this a go (I am not affiliated with this product in anyway, a guy from some other forums I lurk posted this one).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back