Photo editing question

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by 3of11, May 12, 2008.

1. 3of11

3of11 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I was wondering how to put one picture on another picture in photoshop elements. I have large picture and want smaller pictures on the bottom of it. Does that make sense? I just can't figure out how to do it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Rachelsne

Rachelsne TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I use photoshop Elements 4
    This is how I do it, and I tend to do things in a miss mash way...
    open a new blank document, make sure its the size you want your finished picture.
    open both the pictures. resize and crop as necassary
    ctrl + A to select the first picture and then Ctrl + C to copy. click back on the blank document and ctrl + V to paste the picture on to it,
    repeat the process for the other picture and you now have both images on the same page.

when I move the pictures around to position them I select the picture by clicking on the relevant layer and then Ctrl+T -that brings up the selected picture with a boarder, click in the center and drag to where you want it. you can also adjust the size using Ctrl and T but hold the shift button down as you drag to the correct size, so the picture stays in proportion.

Does any of that make sense?

3. JimmyO

JimmyO TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i would save two versions of the picture, one big and one small. Then copy the smaller one and paste it into the big one.

4. 3of11

3of11 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks so much! I got it figured out right after reading these posts and my picture turned out great. THANKS!