Photo Editing

STICKMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking for the easiest way to add a black (or any color)border around my images. I would like to be able to add my name to this area as well. I have seen severel members here do such. I do have photoshop, HOWEVER I know knowing about using it. I just got it and have not really played with it yet. For the moment I would just like to be able to mark my photos and frame them out.

Thanks in advance
Ken, Stickman

2 second photoshop tutorial:

Right click on your layer in photoshop, chose blending options. Check the box for 'Stroke', set it to inner, choose the size and color. Once it's the proper size, hit okay, then use the text tool to position your name.

Ok I see the opitions you speak of, however it seems most of my opitions are always gray(as if i can not select them) whatcould be the reson for this. My ps is registered and gets updates and such. It seems i am not getting full use. I can not slect hte items you say, they are ther but I cannot click on them as the are gray and unselectable.

I have got so much to learn lol......

:hail::hail::hail:

There's also another way to add a border in PS.

Select > All

then

Select > Modify > Border
-choose the pixel width you would like your border to be

Create a new layer on top of everything else. Choose the paint bucket tool and select whatever color you want your border to be then use the paint bucket tool on the new layer. You will have a border similar to this:

6-2.jpg

It will create a 'beveled' looking border. I tend to use small border widths because I don't put any watermark on my pictures.

And yet ANOTHER way:

New Layer. Select ALL. Under Edit, Choose Stroke (I generally use inner). Select the stroke color and size (this'll take a little experimentation).

Once you have the border you want, just choose the Text tool, type what you want and use the Move tool to put it in place.

One of the great things about Photoshop is that there are always several ways to do something. And one of the TERRIBLE things about Photoshop is ... that there are always several ways to do something!

I did a series of flower close-ups recently and used the Stroke technique to put a two-tone border round them, so it looks kind like a bevel-cut matte.

They're on my CafePress site, if you'd like to take a look. They're called "Escapes."

hmm... I wondered about this because mine always seemed stupidly complicated. Granted, I do a multi-color border, which makes it worse, but...

I do a Canvas Size and increase the size by whatever... 10% or something, then make a new layer UNDER the image and fill it black with the paintbrush.

Funny! i just remembered this. The very first way I was taught to put a border around a pic was to use the Erase tool (square shape, size of the border you want), black b.g. color. (This was back in the day of PS 6, I think.)

Then you placed your cursor in a corner, held down the Shift key, and dragged. Do this on each side and you've got a border.

Most reactions

Back