photo editing

nasphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Anyone use Photoshop CS? Is this standard editing software for photos? I have been using editing tools with the darkroom (photoreflect.com) but its very limited...then I came across ittybitty website where you can download actions for PS CS versions- the enhancements are unbelivable. Does anyone use this?????;)

Photoshop is the standard photo editing software for professionals and serious enthusiasts. The current version is CS4 (so CS is a few versions old now).

Photoshop is an expensive program, you might want to consider Photoshop Elements, which does many of the same things but is much more affordable.

For starting out photoshop CS is way overpowered and overpriced and overly complex. Better to spend that money on kit that lets youget shots rather than editing software that is a maze of options.
I agree with Big Mike - elements is much more affordable, simpler to use and better suited to starting out. Remember that if you edit a shot never save over the original us - save as - and save it into a different folder. That way if you have favourite shots you can come back and edit them again later with more powerful software (anda better understanding of what you are doing)

I have Photoshop CS2 and I love it!... There is not much of a difference between CS2 and CS3 but from CS to CS2 there is quite a few major differences. If you want a lot of options and have time to play around will a lot of settings go with more than elements but if you want basic editing then CS or elements will be fine.

With the Elements you can use actions in it....Very easy to do and i love my elements. I have been doing web related graphics for almost 3 years, I use to use Photo shop elements which is easy to use and easy to learn, then got my MAC a year ago and got Element 6...Same thing easy to use...CS2 and 3 is very difficult to use...Elements is a great starter one...I do love CS3 though! but elements is my favorite!

Most reactions

Back