Photo editing

Having both Adobe (LR & PS), and PsP x8, I think I can answer that. Short answer NO. Psp X8 is probably faster to get up and running, and is more beginner oriented. However it will nickle and dime you to death with upgrades, plug ins, etc. No matter what it will never have the features available in LR and PS. I started with X6 and upgraded to X8. Big mistake and a waste of money. At the the minimal monthly rate to lease the software, I wouldn't mess with Corel.

Corel doesn't have photoshop they have Paintshop Pro Adobe Photoshop. Photoshop is the industry standard for a reason. It is the most complete of the editing programs. For Mac users Affinity Photo is the closest to photoshop there is. Corel might be what you need, you will have to determine your needs.

Corel doesn't have photoshop they have Paintshop Pro Adobe Photoshop. Photoshop is the industry standard for a reason. It is the most complete of the editing programs. For Mac users Affinity Photo is the closest to photoshop there is. Corel might be what you need, you will have to determine your needs.
I live in the Bahamas and I can't get adobe so I guess I'm stuck with Corel

Buy Adobe Photoshop CC | Download photo editing software free trial

$9.99 a month for Photoshop and Lightroom.

Having both Adobe (LR & PS), and PsP x8, I think I can answer that. Short answer NO. Psp X8 is probably faster to get up and running, and is more beginner oriented. However it will nickle and dime you to death with upgrades, plug ins, etc. No matter what it will never have the features available in LR and PS. I started with X6 and upgraded to X8. Big mistake and a waste of money. At the the minimal monthly rate to lease the software, I wouldn't mess with Corel.
Do you know any other software that's is close because I live in Bahamas and I can't get adobe because the service isn't offered here

Buy Adobe Photoshop CC | Download photo editing software free trial

$9.99 a month for Photoshop and Lightroom.
I tried to download it a few weeks ago but it said that it does not offer the service in my region

Keith, I know buying software off of ebay is always kind of risky, but maybe you want to consider getting an older version of photoshop. I'm still using photoshop CS6, because I refuse to pay a monthly fee. I use the whole creative suite and work with almost every program in it.
But once again be aware of the risks of buying software from ebay.

You can, you have to get it via a subscription card. Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan (1-User) (1-Year Subscription) - Windows|Mac|iOS

It has a redemption code that you enter. May be more trouble for you than it is worth, but it can be done.
Thanks I will try it out.
Keith, I know buying software off of ebay is always kind of risky, but maybe you want to consider getting an older version of photoshop. I'm still using photoshop CS6, because I refuse to pay a monthly fee. I use the whole creative suite and work with almost every program in it.
But once again be aware of the risks of buying software from ebay.
thanks for the advice

Do you know any other software that's is close because I live in Bahamas and I can't get adobe because the service isn't offered here

That's strange because the Bahamas aren't specifically excluded in their documentation, unless there is a US embargo restriction for some reason. In any case, you might try GIMP it's an open source free download, that offers some editing capability.

Psp X8 offers many of the same features as PS, and some of the plugins, scripts, brushes, etc. for PS will import/run in Pxp X8. On the front end, as I said for the beginner it's probably easier than PS to get started, but as you progress in skill, it becomes somewhat "clunky". The other downside, is that it is notorious for crashing in the middle of a project. If you use it learn to always BACKUP as you work.

I'm a total fanboi of WordPerfect which SHOULD put me in the Corel camp.

Yeah, um- not so much.

I use a combination of photoshop elements and dxo pro for my photo edits. I could get to the same place with lightroom/full photoshop subscription but I'm just not yet ready to 'rent' the software. As a 20th century dude- I prefer to own my programs.

I'm just not yet ready to 'rent' the software

I had the same mentality, till I totaled the cost for upgrades, and realized that I was spending the same or more anyhow. I've since switched to renting Windows Office as well.

I'm just not yet ready to 'rent' the software

I had the same mentality, till I totaled the cost for upgrades, and realized that I was spending the same or more anyhow. I've since switched to renting Windows Office as well.

For me I can say the total oposite. I always bought the creative suite update since it belonged to Macromedia, skipping every other release. The last one 4+years ago when it was announced. Costing 59,49€ monthly, I'd be at 3.152,97€ by now which I think is insane!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back