Photo Exhibition in New York

imagemaker46

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
imagecommunications.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For any photographers in and around the New York City area, my Dad Ted Grant has a photo exhibit opening at the Leica Gallery on Broadway. April 24th. It is also the US launch of his biography Ted Grant: Sixty Years of Legendary Photojournalism.

How long will it be running? I won't be getting up there until late May or early June.

Hmmmm... Not sure I'll be up there that early or not. Since I first posted, my schedule's putting me in Pennsylvania in mid-June. If I can up there earlier, I'll definitely scope it out...

If you can make it, well worth the time spent seeing his work. This is all the stuff I grew up with, and how I learned photography, most of it doing his darkroom work. It's amazing how much I learned printing the images everyday.

Damn!!! I WISH I could make that, unfortunately, I don't see a trip there anytime in my future! :(

That's really something, nice to see your dad getting the recognition (although he's probably had that before, but still, pretty cool). I don't think there are necessarily a lot of exhibits featuring sports photography. I saw on the Leica store's Facebook page some photos of the exhibit space, hopefully they'll feature some of his photos on their site when the exhibit opens.

That's really something, nice to see your dad getting the recognition (although he's probably had that before, but still, pretty cool). I don't think there are necessarily a lot of exhibits featuring sports photography. I saw on the Leica store's Facebook page some photos of the exhibit space, hopefully they'll feature some of his photos on their site when the exhibit opens.

I believe that there is only a couple of sports photos in the exhibition. The majority will be in black and white from the past 60 years.

Most reactions

Back