Photo Frames

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Ecniv, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Ecniv

Ecniv TPF Noob!

Hi,

On my digital camera I've done some Panoramics. Quite nice ones I thought, so my next step was to print them. After getting some riddiculus quotes for huge sizes I opted for several panormaics together one above the other on an 18in x 12in paper. They came out nice, not brilliant, but nice and considering they are my first full attempts with stiching programs/manually mostly ok.

The problem came when I wanted to frame them. I have around 6 pictures to frame of various sizes of 16in x 4in t0 9in x 6in. I was quoted around 50 uk pounds per picture including frame, glass/perspects(?) and a border/spacer.

A quick bit of maths later came to a very unreasonable amount...

So my question.
    In the uk does anyone know of custom frames that look good and are fairly cheap (max a tenner per pic)...?

Vince

2. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    hi there! 2 weeks ago I had the same problem. I had a panorama picture: 90 cm x 30 cm and I put it behind glass. So let's start:

I cut a rectangular wooden board of about 3 mm plywood. It was bigger than y panorama and it was exactly: 100cm x 40 cm so I had a 5 cm margin from every side around a picture. Then I put there a white blank paper to make passepartout. Then I had a glass pane cut at glazier. Finally the cost didn't came over $11 (about coz I live in Poland and prices here are very different then in UK). It took me about 2 hours to prepare such a "frame".

If you want a photo how does it look like or need any further help, just write here.