Photo gear on plane...

In my past life working in Toronto, we would have visitors from other countries & it was obligatory to take them to see Niagara falls.

Did you know you can go into a tunnel & view the falls from behind & watch the water cascading down in front of you?
I didn't know that and thanks for telling me :D. For the 8 years I've been in the states I have never seen the Niagara Falls.

if your flying over the hudson river, make sure your bag is water proof! :p

if your flying over the hudson river, make sure your bag is water proof! :p
Well at least the zippers are:p. And I have to fly over the hudson. Unless I fly north and around. I actually have pics of the plane:p

Well at least the zippers are:p. And I have to fly over the hudson. Unless I fly north and around. I actually have pics of the plane:p

I'm sure you'll stay dry if you have the crew of USAir 1549. Have fun in canada

Round-trip between Los Angeles LAX and Washington DC, Dulles on both JetBlue and Virgin America, flying alone, I have managed to bring on-board 1 standard carry-on suitcase, 1 CamelBak back-pack (holding my laptop in it's case and a few other goodies), 1 shoulder camera bag, and 1 tripod in a clear plastic bag which wouldn't fit in my carry-on suitcase.... and I checked a duffel bag as well.

Although officially people are only allowed to bring 2 bags on-board, I haven't encountered any situation where a flight attendant or TSA officer has asked me to check the carry-on suitcase in order to meet the limit, and I think this is in part because people will go shop at Hudson News, grab a book or a few magazines, put them in a bag, go to a burger joint, pick up a burger, place it in the bag, go on the aircraft - whoops 4 bags altogether but no one cares so long as you're willing to sacrifice your own legroom and fit everything under the seat in front of you. Keep in mind these are the same people who did not catch that I had 3 liters of outside-sourced water in that CamelBak as well (3 ounce liquid restrictions my ass!).

YMMV (especially with smaller, regional aircraft).

So that means I can take my camera and my personal stuff in 2 separate bags for carry on then. I checked the American Airlines site and it didn't have anything about cameras.

if you want (can?) you can come also :p.
You're here during the week, when I have to work :( So I couldn't take a whole day off. But if there's time in your schedule, we could probably get together for a lunch or dinner or coffee. Or a brief photo tour.

ill see. I'll be staying with old people so Ill have time. Ill be there from the 16th to the 19th. I could tell you the asress where I'll be once I find out :p.

Not sure if you can get to the Falls in the Winter due to the ice ... though you can get some interesting shots from the top anyway.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back