photo help.

Kerri27

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi I have some wedding photos that I need help with . I want to color the bouquets only in the B&W photo and the other I want to remove the people from the background. Anyone willing to help me please.
Regards,
Kerri
076.jpg

277.jpg

If I'm correct you would need a color copy of the Black and White one to color in the flowers the easy way. If you don't you will have to do it by hand. On the second you could delete the guys and then clone stamp the grass and brick back into the picture. Both can be done with Photoshop. I tried on #2 and was missing part of the grooms back or I would post it. The first is easy but I don't have a color copy of the picture.

I had a go at the second one.

e9dfe74a.jpg

It's not perfect, but I only had a couple of minutes to work with. For some reason, Vista doesn't like Paintshop Pro and it freezes up on me after about 5-6 minutes.

Hopefully someone else can come in and help you more.

Thank you both.The photo is great. Yes I thought about it when I was driving to work that I should have added the original colour one. Sorry , here it is .
IMG_5703.jpg

Thank you both again.

easy.jpg

Ok here is my go on the second one. 2 things though.

1. Please learn this. It is not that hard. If you don't have photoshop please download GIMP. Its free and very similar to photoshop. I took the color image and duplicated it to a layer. On the layer I changed the Hue/Saturation to Black and white. On that layer I then used the eraser tool on the flowers. This erases the black and white showing the color. I hope this helps in the future so you can learn and recreate this effect if you didn't know how to all ready.

2. I feel that this takes the focal point in a new direction, so be careful in using the technique. If you point was to showcase the flowers then awesome but I find at weddings that the flowers aren't the point. It is the Bride and Groom. If flowers in this case are your point then you win.

Hope this helps in any way.

Jeremy

Last edited:
Thank you jeremy, I was actually going to ask you how to do it to but you bet me it. Again thank you its great.:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back