Photo hosting sites- problem?

JahLynJie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jahlynjie.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've used PhotoBucket and PictureTrail and have had the same problem with both- they all seem to darken the photos or alter the color in some small way.

Is this a problem with the photo hosting sites or something likely unbalanced within my computer?
It's really starting to frustrate me.

Oh and I apologise if this doesn't belong in this forum.

It may be due to the color profile on the shots you are posting.
If you want to save an image for display on the web, the color profile of the image needs to be sRGB.

If you don't understand color profile and how it affects you, you need to read a little.
http://www.drycreekphoto.com/Learn/profiles.htm

Thanks for the info.
And thanks for the link- otherwise I'd have to admit that I didn't know what you meant ;)

I don't have Photoshop and am a little unsure of how to ensure the color profile is sRGB.
For editing programs I have Photo Explosion (sucks) and PhotoFinish (it's sort of a light-weight version of Photoshop).
So I'm in the process of pouring over my instruction manuals. I'm sure there's a way to fix it.

Oh and did I mention that my PhotoFinish program is dated 1993 soo... I'm assuming things may be worded a little differently?

I previously calebrated the monitor and the colors between my two editing program are as identical as I can get them. But I'm assuming this isn't part of the problem.

I use picturetrail and I have noticed some processing and compression being performed on their end. Its pretty annoying as I could see the degraded image quality of the images I post there.

Most reactions

Back