Photo illustrations

anne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Would some of you mind visiting my site to see a recent group of digital images? http://annepfeiffer.30art.com/

I have never displayed images so strongly manipulated before. I believe they now fall under the category of photo illustrations instead of photographs.

I was purposely experimenting with the stretches of a point and shoot digital 6 megapixel. I tried high ISOs in bright sunlight in order to get burned out areas, with lost edges. I thought they would just be throw away photos done for experimentation. But when I saw the expressions and body positions of the boys I wanted to turn them into something. The ones with "correct" exposures were not as interesting, because the boys faces and shorts were not isolated the way they are in the overexposed images, nor did you get that "HOT" feeling. Also in the group are some other photoshopped techniques (maybe not as interesting) and a panorama.

The reason the body position/faces are so important is that I appear to have captured my son and his soccer team friends at an age (13) where they are suddenly self conscious. The same images at the pool one year ago would have been them unselfconsciously playing like monkeys. This day, they kind of just hung out, and clumped together. Aaah adolescence. Don't you miss it?

Thanks

Very interesting, I like it becuase its different. I can definetly see were your comming from when you say thay are more photo illustrations. You did a good job in capturing the moment

Most reactions

Back