Photo in raw i need help with.

dearlybeloved

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i have a photo that i took in raw that i thought would be nice. turns out, i think it is. problem? i dont know how to process it properly. its under exposed and its so dark and i want to tweek it. whats a good program i can download (free) that would be good to process this. im on a mac so please let me know.

thanks

gimp would maybe work.. or pisaco.. I think that works on a mac. Or you could post it here or pm it to me and I could work it in aperture and photoshop.

Gimp works but you have to get a plug in. Neither one is hard to find. I think the plug in is UFRaw.

live_free, when i get home ill try to post it up or if you wanna pm me your email ill shoot it over to you. its just so dark and i would like to think its a decent picture but i cant really tell. i was just kinda using raw to see what it was like.

everyone else thanks and ill check these programs out and see what i come up with. i probably should have shot them raw+jpeg fine just so i could have both if i needed. some times i just dont think that well :lol:

Gimp works but you have to get a plug in. Neither one is hard to find. I think the plug in is UFRaw.

Yes it is UFAW. I use these programs both. UFRaw is easy to use

Don't you have a program that came with your camera that will work?

i didnt buy the camera new. i did buy the nikon d90 with a 50mm f1.8 for 650 though which i think is a great deal

i didnt buy the camera new. i did buy the nikon d90 with a 50mm f1.8 for 650 though which i think is a great deal

I see... Know anyone with a Nikon that you can borrow the cd from? I'd say thats your best bet.

I tried using a free RAW converter to process some photos while I was out of town and didn't have my computer with me, and it was junk, although it wasn't Gimp, so I don't know how well that one works.

Iphoto should come with the mac and can do some simple adjustments if thats what your after.

I use UFRaw. Easy to use, free, and hooks up to GIMP

Go to nikon's website. Download the program called "View NX" . It's not a full fledged raw editor, but it will allow you to edit exposure comp., sharpening, contrast, color boost, white balance, among a few other options. It is completely free and available from nikon's website.

Most reactions

Back