photo journal

mkedre

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a photo journal where you can log your settings without having tons of pieces of paper? I haven't been able to find one so I was wondering if it even existed. If so, where can I find one? Thanks.

I would guess that most people use a plain notebook of some sort. If I needed to write my settings, I'd lean towards a notebook that wasn't too unwieldly (no more than 100pgs)--probably with a coil bind so I could store the pen/pencil there and of a size that could fit into a larger sized pocket.

But that would be a personal preference.

I shoot mainly digital. As such, the important shot information is written into the file (EXIF).

You could always make your own.

In a page layout program (InDesign, Quark Xpress...even the dreaded Microsoft Word), type out the information that you feel is important on half page sized document (which, in my amercanized print standard means roughly 5.5x8.5, but it could be any size really).

Print out one copy or take the file to your local print shop and have them print the page 50-100 times double sided (if they set it up right, you can get 2 to a page at the above mentioned dimensions and cut it in half). Then get them to coil bind it with vinyl or stiff plastic cover and you're good to go.

The entire thing shouldn't cost you more than $5-$10.

The only other thing I'd recommend is to have another photographer read over it first to double-check that you have everything you might need.

Most reactions

Back