Photo Location Thread

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Darn, I see so many beautiful places here, most of the shots are take locally, areas that the photographer knows quite well.... so I propose - The Photo Location Forum.

This would differ from the 'Travel' Forum, as you don't talk necessarily talk about your experiences, but you can provide details of how to get there and where to take the shots, including the shots themselves. Also they can link maps (mapquest.com, wises.co.nz) to how to get to the area. Or if they are afraid to disclose the location folks can just PM the folks on how to get there.

We can have it listed by country and then some folks can start threads on regional areas (or states as you yanks like to call 'em :) )

I have a travel bug in me, I see alot of wicked local shots which I would love to get to and photograph myself. Also people are quite proud to show off their hometowns.

:lol: Another idea shot down? :lol: :gun:

This sounds like a good idea to me. I know I am always looking for good places to visit, even if tons of them will be on the opposite side of the planet! :)

Comments?

"Travel" forum? I thought we didn't have a travel forum anymore? :? Have I been missing it, or is Mark just referring back to when there once was one? There was once one, wasn't there, or am I making **** up again?

Anyway... I think it's an interesting idea!

I agree. I am starting to get out more and would love to have some visual inspiration before I get to my next destination. :D Anyone have any Lexington Kentucky pics?

See... it's starting already!

Most of my pics aren't really all that unique to my area.

Oh, I did think of one place that I have a picture of that's worth a visit of you are in the area (if you like this sort of thing): Mount Hope Cemetary. It's the resting place of Susan B. Anthony and her family and Frederick Douglass, and is the oldest munincipal Victorian cemetary in the country.

Formed by glaciers, this cemetery has high hills and deep valleys, winding eskers and almost bottomless kettles. The whole place is a forest of trees, many of them rare and specimen. Since 1838, a third of a million people have taken permanent residence in the cemetery's 197 acres. There are mausoleums dug deep into hillsides and everywhere myriad symbols of Victorian funerary art. In stone and bronze are soaring Egyptian obelisks, miniature Greek temples (one sleeps 20 with a lot of dancing room left over), winged angels of mercy, draped urns and broken columns, Gothic towers, and sculptures of everything from Christian saints to favorite pet dogs. They all gloriously decorate more than 350,000 graves that through the sea of vertical monuments, send a mighty chorus of hope heavenward. In fall and winter, Mount Hope becomes a rookery, and the trees appear to be fully leafed with the black bodies of crows. In summer, a high 1875 Florentine fountain cascades water from lions' mouths down through three basins held up by cast-iron caryatids.

EmptyBench.sized.jpg

lol markc - you are a thread killer - i've noticed no one posted back to this topic after you posted here :p

Seriously, I would really love this, I'd like to see what TwistMyArm's and Voodoo's response to this would be...

Gotta whole bunch of places here i could comment on - and it would be especially killer for the monument valley journey!

i don't think i have the powers to rescue this thread.. i am waving a flapping my arms to get attention - but it seems like the karissa virus is our last hope. It is a last resort that is sure to produce unintended and dangerous side effects - but these dangerous times call for extreme measures.

I approve the following message:

I approve of the idea brought forward by our resident spy vonnagy. He has laid out a plan for a forum that will further enrich our community. The success of this forum is in the hands of vonnagy. Shall he fail, we will expose to the "big boys" that we are actually using Vonnagy as a spy for the people low on the totem pole.

markc said:
MEDIC!

Vonnagy to the rescue!
Here's a medal.
And a pizza

Lol.. man... Pizza? Where did that come from.

I have been pondering this thread and since it seems to be floundering I guess I'll but in my 2 cents....

Ok, I didn’t' really like the idea at first but then again.. I live in a very uninteresting area so I wouldn't be posting in it much.. However... I think for those like Vonnagy and Voo that live in really awesome places... this could be really neat. So.. the result of my ponderings. I like the idea and Chase.. what is the worst that could happen... you remove it later? It's not like it is going to cost you anything else and It's a few clicks and some key strokes away. :D

Vonnagy... Keep waving your arms.. sometimes it is necessary. 8)

Karissa: my sweet, Chase likes to have a lot of interest before he starts with any clicking...it sounds like cha-ching! to him, you see? The old 'time is money' thing. :p

Voo: you're making me laugh...please stop, I'm still feeling puny from yesterday. :eek:

karissa said:
markc said:
MEDIC!

Vonnagy to the rescue!
Here's a medal.
And a pizza

Lol.. man... Pizza? Where did that come from.
It's a bit of a misquote, actually. I was referring to this.
May not be the funniest Strongbad ever. You have to be familiar with the strip already. I would say this one is, though.

I'm game for it. Is it going to be a whole new section or a sub section in Photography?

I think it could be a good launching areas for photography meet-ups.

voodoocat said:
I approve the following message:

I approve of the idea brought forward by our resident spy vonnagy. He has laid out a plan for a forum that will further enrich our community. The success of this forum is in the hands of vonnagy. Shall he fail, we will expose to the "big boys" that we are actually using Vonnagy as a spy for the people low on the totem pole.

lol, so how do we get started :D

Most reactions

Back