Photo Location Thread

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by vonnagy, Mar 15, 2004.

1. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Darn, I see so many beautiful places here, most of the shots are take locally, areas that the photographer knows quite well.... so I propose - The Photo Location Forum.

This would differ from the 'Travel' Forum, as you don't talk necessarily talk about your experiences, but you can provide details of how to get there and where to take the shots, including the shots themselves. Also they can link maps (mapquest.com, wises.co.nz) to how to get to the area. Or if they are afraid to disclose the location folks can just PM the folks on how to get there.

We can have it listed by country and then some folks can start threads on regional areas (or states as you yanks like to call 'em :) )

I have a travel bug in me, I see alot of wicked local shots which I would love to get to and photograph myself. Also people are quite proud to show off their hometowns.

:lol: Another idea shot down? :lol: :gun:

2. Chase

Chase I am now benign! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    This sounds like a good idea to me. I know I am always looking for good places to visit, even if tons of them will be on the opposite side of the planet! :)

Comments?

3. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

"Travel" forum? I thought we didn't have a travel forum anymore? :? Have I been missing it, or is Mark just referring back to when there once was one? There was once one, wasn't there, or am I making **** up again?

Anyway... I think it's an interesting idea!

4. Chase

Chase I am now benign! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    There was a travel forum for a short time, but it never really took off. I think the location idea is a better approach to a similar topic.

5. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree. I am starting to get out more and would love to have some visual inspiration before I get to my next destination. :D Anyone have any Lexington Kentucky pics?

See... it's starting already!

6. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Most of my pics aren't really all that unique to my area.

Oh, I did think of one place that I have a picture of that's worth a visit of you are in the area (if you like this sort of thing): Mount Hope Cemetary. It's the resting place of Susan B. Anthony and her family and Frederick Douglass, and is the oldest munincipal Victorian cemetary in the country.

[​IMG]

7. vonnagy

Photos NOT OK to edit
    lol markc - you are a thread killer - i've noticed no one posted back to this topic after you posted here :p

Seriously, I would really love this, I'd like to see what TwistMyArm's and Voodoo's response to this would be...

Gotta whole bunch of places here i could comment on - and it would be especially killer for the monument valley journey!

8. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    MEDIC!

Vonnagy to the rescue!
    Here's a medal.
    And a pizza

9. vonnagy

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i don't think i have the powers to rescue this thread.. i am waving a flapping my arms to get attention - but it seems like the karissa virus is our last hope. It is a last resort that is sure to produce unintended and dangerous side effects - but these dangerous times call for extreme measures.

10. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I approve the following message:

I approve of the idea brought forward by our resident spy vonnagy. He has laid out a plan for a forum that will further enrich our community. The success of this forum is in the hands of vonnagy. Shall he fail, we will expose to the "big boys" that we are actually using Vonnagy as a spy for the people low on the totem pole.

11. karissa

karissa The Untitled

Photos OK to edit
    Lol.. man... Pizza? Where did that come from.

I have been pondering this thread and since it seems to be floundering I guess I'll but in my 2 cents....

Ok, I didn’t' really like the idea at first but then again.. I live in a very uninteresting area so I wouldn't be posting in it much.. However... I think for those like Vonnagy and Voo that live in really awesome places... this could be really neat. So.. the result of my ponderings. I like the idea and Chase.. what is the worst that could happen... you remove it later? It's not like it is going to cost you anything else and It's a few clicks and some key strokes away. :D

Vonnagy... Keep waving your arms.. sometimes it is necessary. 8)

12. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Karissa: my sweet, Chase likes to have a lot of interest before he starts with any clicking...it sounds like cha-ching! to him, you see? The old 'time is money' thing. :p

Voo: you're making me laugh...please stop, I'm still feeling puny from yesterday. :eek: