Photo Mosaic?

DC26

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone!

I apologize if this topic doesn't really fit this forum, but I'm really hoping to talk to photographers that may have more experience. Unfortunately I'm not much of a photographer, but my fiance has been into it most of her life. She has countless photos (and I mean thousands and thousands), both albums and hard drives full, and I was looking into a possible gift idea.

I found a bit of information on photo mosaics and was hoping someone here might have some knowledge or experience. Has anyone here ever had one of these made? Or perhaps even made one themselves? It looks like a really cool concept and I know my fiance would love seeing all her work over the years put into one big image she can hang on her wall.

The site I've been looking at is www.picturemosaics.com. They seem to be one of the top companies out there for this kind of thing.

Any helpful tips or hints before I take the leap?

Thanks!

- DC

I use an awsome program called "Andrea Mosaic", its free. They ask for donations but you dont have to. they offer the download at www.[B]andreaplanet.com[/B]/andreamosaic and they are constantly coming out with new versions. I created a step by step topic on my forum with screen shots showing how to use the program its easy.
Creating a photo mosaic in "Andrea Mosaic" (free Software)
Check it outt
Wes

Thanks for your reply Wes. Great info and a great link.

I actually decided to go with Picture Mosaics, as I mentioned above. I haven't seen a final product yet, but they're knowledge and customer service have been incredible so far, so I got a really good vibe. My fiance will absolutely love it I'm sure :)

Thanks again for your help!

-DC

I tried to make one out of the country of New Zealand. With my photos of NZ. It didn;t turn out very well. I was inspired by the mosiac of Bob Marley smoking a doobie. Now I realize how talented that guy who made that was!

I've actually seen the Bob Marley mosaic as well, I love that poster! Did you use any mosaic software vinski or did you work it out manually? It's definitely an art form and I could see how difficult it could be. I ended up submitting over 1000 photo's so I can't even imagine taking on that task myself, haha.

I'll let you know how mine turns out and whether or not it's money well spent :)

-DC

Most reactions

Back