photo mosaic

wesd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosbywesley.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I created a mosaic useing a shot of me poseing with a water pipe. I had set the camera up with a tripod, with a 10 second timer to give me enough time to get into the shot. I tweeked the origional image a little bit with some post prosessing to brighen it up a bit. I used a program called Andrea Mosaic, and my image library for creating the final project 2170 tiles if im correct. Let me know what you guys think of it.
l_44a273aef9e686c1d9cb97d746aac3e0.jpg

Let me see if I understand you correctly here. You made a mosaic of yourself taking a bong hit?

Alright. Fair play. But riddle me this. Do you think that the fact that you turned it into a mosaic makes it anything more than a photo of a bong hit?

"Kicks just keep getting hard to find" :wink:

This is a work title suggestion. I didn't realize I had tread into the critique forum. Sorry.

look, get over the fact its a water pipe, and critique the composition, anges tiles and the way i composed the shot to make this. I tuck the shot occording to the peramiters I was going to use in the program. so how is the PICTURE?
Wes

It's a straight on photo of you taking a bong hit. No interesting angles, shadows, highlights, etc to speak of. Frankly, it looks like you took it with a cell phone. And too many of the tiled images are the same. Happy now?

Wesd.... Personally I find the shot interesting.. had I not known it was a bong, I probably wouldn't have guessed it either..

I like the composition of the shot, and consider this an artsy type abstract.. I almost wish you wouldn't have said what was going on in the pic.. Leave the viewers mind to wander...

I have no idea how you did this, but do like the imagination of the shot..

Very Creative!!

I could be wrong, but after hearing Max ( WATERLILLY ) Blooms' critique, I 'm pretty sure now my feelings are correct on this work..

Really, who could ever forget that WATERLILLY BLOOMS' Shot..

max calorie: thanks for the input. Actualy the images were only 100 pixles in with, because useing high res shots would have made the file too big for posting on here. I could have gotten away with useing a slightly higher res if I had chosen less tiles, but I I was not satsfyed with the way it came out origionaly. I mean if I had chosen to do a 1235 tile image at 6.1mp each than if would probly be suffficant for blowing up large enough to cover a good size wall.

NEM: thanks for your input allso. I was trying to so something more artistic than the usaual portrat. I like useing that peice as a prop in my shots because it had a lot of deep colors. I had to lighten up the shot from the origional shot to get the colors to show up a little bit more, because the computer was picking a lot more shots with the dark green, but not as mush of the blue, an white. I shose the cair, and the angel I used, because it really framed nice to the rule of thirds, and I was not looking in the camers, I was judt doing my own thing. thanks again man.
Wes

The fact the shot is mosaic had me interested the first time I looked at it, but after that first, enjoyable, glance, the shot now looks straight up snapshotty. There is nothing interesting about the shot besides its mosaic portrayal. The idea is nice, the mosaic idea that is, try it with something a little, I don't know, more interesting. We've all seen snapshots of bonghits, it's called myspace. Mosaic doesn't equal artistic.

at first I liked it...really cool effect and neat to look at!!

Then I read that you just took a shot of yourself and plugged it into a program and waaalllaaa you have a moisaic...dont get me wrong the program is amazing and Im sure your photography skills are good but it is a bit boring...

a few things that bother me are the elbow cut off in the left side and the head in the upper part of the shot...It all seems very tight and cramped...

All together neat idea and cool program just seems like it work better with a more interesting shot!!!

GL
garrentee

Trenton Romulox, and Garrentee cool thanks for replying. Ya I need to do a more interesting shot next time. I need to play around with it a bit more as well as add a better varity of colors, textures, and delete bracketed shots from the project library. thanks again.
Wes

Trenton Romulox, and Garrentee cool thanks for replying. Ya I need to do a more interesting shot next time. I need to play around with it a bit more as well as add a better varity of colors, textures, and delete bracketed shots from the project library. thanks again.
Wes

Yeah, it is a definitely an interesting concept that I'm sure could turn out some awesome shots, just try to not get distracted by the interestingness of mosaic, and make sure the shot is good before you use the effect. If it's good before, then chances are it'll still be good after. But it's very hard to take a bad shot and throw it into mosaic and have it turn out good. Just keep messing around with it, and you'll find a style that works well with mosaic.

By the way, Maine > New Hampshire ;)

Most reactions

Back