Photo Of Jesus... Please Critique.

what about ... IESUS NAZARENUS REX IUDAEORUM :p

And I know what Max Bloom is trying to tell us ... if you know what appears on ebay sometimes, then his post makes you smile.... but it does not really contribute to THIS thread, I agree ...

I know the definition of INRI is in the book of matthew. Upon further google searching Peanuts is correct on it's meaning.

I watched the lady get a picture of the toast tattooed on her ah.. hmm.. boosm. She paid something like $25,000 for it.

Anyways, off topic sorry.

I still love the picture and like what Spacy said about the feeling people get when they see this universally known image.

I know the definition of INRI is in the book of matthew. Upon further google searching Peanuts is correct on it's meaning.

well, what i wrote in latin-ish is what she said as Jesus of Nazareth King of the Jews

When asked by a beginning photographer what they should take pictures of, I tell them not to take pictures of someone they love because of their emotional attachments keeping them from being objective.

If the viewer didn't know this was a picture of a statue of Jesus, one couldn't know that the background was a cross, the contrast is very low, the shadows are dull and the highlights are murky. Because of the lack of direct, slanting light and the eroded character of the stone, the photo doesn't look sharp.

Shame on you Max Bloom. You know nothing of the world that surrounds you.

Yeah tell me about it. That's why I had to resort to photographing it.

I don't see any harm in injecting a little humor into things now and then. If you were offended by my photoshoping of Jesus onto a piece of toast, then I apologize. But if you're offended by my apparent sacrilege, then surely you understand that you should be no one to judge. So don't act so...how should I say...holier than thou? Why don't you just send me a PM next time instead of your misguided display of public outrage.

And Corinna, you ought to have simply deleted my post if you though that it was so out of place. You obviously are either nit-picking or haven't read many of my posts if you think that I "don't help anyone at all ever." Yes, I am a harsh critic. And No, I don't have the time to write out a laundry list of problems and suggestions every time someone posts a mediocre photo in the critique section. But I do give credit where I feel it's due.

And Corinna, you ought to have simply deleted my post if you though that it was so out of place. You obviously are either nit-picking or haven't read many of my posts if you think that I "don't help anyone at all ever." Yes, I am a harsh critic. And No, I don't have the time to write out a laundry list of problems and suggestions every time someone posts a mediocre photo in the critique section. But I do give credit where I feel it's due.

no no, read again, she said this was not helping anyone at all ever ....
she did not say that you would not help anyone ever ... she was solely referring to this one post of yours.

so everyone please calm down :)

lol. I re-read it.

Sorry bout that then.

Most reactions

Back