Photo Posting Question for users

CAG76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How is everyone posting their images that they stay nice and crisp and are fairly large?

When I post my images they come as thumbnails and you have to click one to make it lager, but when I see all other posts they are already as size when you read the posts. How is this done? Thanks for any help. When I look up on how to post images I seem to be doing it as they say, but when I look at my own posts it looks different from others.

If this helps anyone out on what I am doing. I am using the Manage Attachments method and posting my images. Are others using a different method?

-Christopher

It's because you are a subscriber so you can upload photos to the TPF server and when you attach them that is how they come out. What we non-subscribers do is upload to photobucket or frickr and put the

Hmmm! I like that better. I do have photobucket and am about to get on flickr. They look so much sharper on Photobucket and on flickr. If I am going to have people critique my work I want it to be at it's finest. Ok thanks. I was thinking that is what people were doing but just wasn't sure because I've not done it that way yet.

-Christopher

I've often wondered why attaching images directly in threads was a "benefit" to subscribing. It makes it much more of a pain for users to bother looking at the photos when non-subscribers are posting their elsewhere hosted images directly in the threads.

I much prefer the images to be posted directly in the threads as it is less for people to do to look at them.

I just looked at your site! You did all of that with a Fuji S5700? Actually I would not be surprised. Point and shoots can take some great pictures! I have a Canon Powershot G9 which takes wonderful pictures!

About the earlier part. The only reason I like posting from another site than to do it direct is, posting direct makes my images look so low res and not its true sharpness. I've had a few people tell me something was out of focus when it was the bad resolution. But I do agree. If I want to post, I have to post on my photobucket site first, but then posting it here is so easy from there.

-Christopher

Ha ha ha ha ha gotta love the clowns! Yeah am actually going to put some on Flickr too. I almost did today, but I will. Just glad they are all free. There is something about flicker I like better and seems more people use it. I see everything on there. Plus people can reply on Flicker if they like your photos. Doesn't seem like photo bucket has that feature.

guess i should try flickr...photobucket has served me well for a few years now...

I just looked at your site! You did all of that with a Fuji S5700? Actually I would not be surprised. Point and shoots can take some great pictures! I have a Canon Powershot G9 which takes wonderful pictures!
Me? Actually, the majority of photos on my site are done with a Fuji 2650 2mp camera I got in 2001 before I understood anything or even had photography thoughts at all.. I list what camera and what the settings were on the side (which the Fuji 2650 is auto only, a true P&S. I shoot the S5700 mostly manual and sometimes Aperture priority.)

Most reactions

Back