Photo printers

JenPena

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've yet another question - where do you have your pictures printed? I don't want to keep using local Wal-Marts for wedding or senior pictures! I am new enough that I can't afford a studio and would rather send my stuff out to a good place that would give me quality prints. Where should I start?

To be really honest with you, as long as you are getting a machine print and not a custom print, the Walmart or whatever is just fine. The equipment is pretty much the same, the only difference being the actual person that is doing the printing. If you are getting good results with Walmart keep going there. If not, fine some place that does give you good results, it could be a Walgreens, Eckerds, Costco, whatever, just make sure they actually print there on site. Hope that helps.

Most places now a days use digital laser printers and they are all 300 dpi. Like said above it is all in the person operating the equipment. Now some do charge differently. Like where I drop my snap shots the lowest price is for full automatic processing. No human intervention in the pictures. If you want their select service where they actually do adjustments you of course have to pay about 3x more.

Basicaly if you are unhappy with what you are getting then look for another service. Popular photo put out a comparision of 10 online photo printers.

http://www.popphoto.com/photoprinters/2697/online-photo-labs-put-to-the-test.html

Most reactions

New Topics

Back