Photo problems

arron06

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
iv got a conon eos 300 35mm a few times now i have taken pictures on a 36roll got them developed and there is only 20 odd pics due to some overlapping and making a gostly image

any help please :D

arron06 said:
iv got a conon eos 300 35mm a few times now i have taken pictures on a 36roll got them developed and there is only 20 odd pics due to some overlapping and making a gostly image

any help please :D
Sounds like the film transport mechanism needs an overhaul. That won't be free. So maybe this is the time to consider switching to digital?
Digital doesn't have film transport that can be jammed.

W.Smith said:
Sounds like the film transport mechanism needs an overhaul. That won't be free. So maybe this is the time to consider switching to digital?

how much does it cost ??????

you would have to go to a repair shop and let them take a look, only go digital if you're interested in it, if you still like to adventure in film just send it to repair and keep going...
its all up to you.
Later you can go into a DSLR and share your lense in between.

Still I would doubt it would cost more than buying a new digital (even if its a decent point and shoot)

Or there are plenty of other film bodies that could be had for cheap.

Keep in mind when going for repairs the cost of used film bodies these days. Now may be the peak of the market as digital fever is rising, lots of great film stuff can be had for very low prices.

Dave

selmerdave said:
Or there are plenty of other film bodies that could be had for cheap.

Keep in mind when going for repairs the cost of used film bodies these days. Now may be the peak of the market as digital fever is rising, lots of great film stuff can be had for very low prices.

Dave
Agreed.

Look online or shop around for the price of another film body, so you know in advance what you might have to spend if you replace it. Then, take the camera into a repair shop and bring the last couple of film strips with you, so they can immediately see what it's doing. Then get a quote for the repair.

Keep in mind, once your camera has been repaired, cleaned, and lubricated, it's going to function as virtually new. It should work for many years after that and not give you any trouble at all. Even if you decided to get a replacement body, it might still require a bit of cleaning from a shop. So, think it over carefully, and have an idea of what you'd like to spend.

Good luck!

Like a lot of Canons, that one uses an IR diode to check frame advance instead of mechanical sprockets. I'm guessing, like the others have said, that it would be better to just get a new body. If it needs to be sent back to Canon, they'll want a huge chunk of money just to look at it. I'd put the money into something like an EOS5/A2(e) instead.

W.Smith said:

that's a kinda funny answer. I would never consider to buy a digital camera because of it's "superior" technics. There is no film transport but there are a million other things that can get damaged you won't ever be able to repair.
just switch to digital if you prefer it's workflow and not because of gear, IMO digital gear is not yet equivalent to film stuff, not yet.

I'm with Santino.... don't just go digital because you want to go to digital not because your current film camera is having problems. Perhaps this is time to move up slightly and get a slightly used Elan 7/EOS 7/EOS 30.

The more 'features' a rig has, the more things can go wrong. My old Fed, Zorki and Kiev will still be fully functional when most of today's gear has gone bye-bye.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back