photo processing sites

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by EandSphotography, Apr 15, 2010.

1. EandSphotography

EandSphotography TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I was just wondering if you could give me some suggestions for photo processing sites. I do some printing at home but sometimes i think it's just not worth the expense of ink and paper sometimes and then i seem to also get hit and miss results even though i've calibrated my monitor to try to get as close as possible with the prints. (used a spyder3 to calibrate)
    Anyway, I've used Nations Photo lab recently and had a 24x36 poster made and it came back great but my only issue with them is they only use fed ex for shipping and the minimum charge is $7.00 unless you order $50 or more from them , then shipping is free. If i just wanted an few 8x10's then that $7.00 just seems pretty high for such a small order.
    Was just wondering what company you guys use when you do use an online processing company and how do you like their prints?

Thanks,
    Erik

2. stevemunoz

stevemunoz TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have used MPIX.com for 2 years and have always had great results with them. They have fair prices, and great quality. Their standouts and gallery wraps are amazing if you don't want to go with the traditional frame mounting.

Hope this helps,

Steve M.

3. myfotoguy

myfotoguy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like MPIX too. Their shipping can also be similar to what you are experiencing already. (I honestly have not checked lately, so I could be off, I would check mpix.com though).

I've used Shutterfly for years, and am happy with them. I also send to local sam's club from time to time.

4. EandSphotography

EandSphotography TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks guys. I'll check that out.