Photo Recipe Thread

Village Idiot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you've got pictures of your own creations, let's see them.

Steak Curry
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I was disappointed since I couldn't find any curry paste to make my own curry sauce. Next time. I found a decent substitute. It's Kong Yen instant curry.

Started with some oil in a pot and put in a small container of sliced baby portabella mushrooms, a whole red onion cut into chunks, and a whole yellow and red pepper cut into chunks. I put it on medium and went downstairs to the pre prepared charcoal grill. Tossed the steaks on there. Pulled them off at about medium rare-medium. Sliced them and set them aside.

The rest was easy, 800cc (WTF?), or 27 ounces of water and a brick of instant curry later and we had curry! I put some additional chili powder in there as it said it was mild. Fixed the rice, and then prepared it for the below photo.

Here's a Thai Chili Prawn noodle dish I made a while ago - was very yummy and spicy (the only way to have food ;) ) It was a bit of a 'creation' I just added things as i went LOL

thai_chili_prawns.jpg

I think it was prawns (obvsiously lol) - lots of chili sauce - both sweet thai and hot chili sauce - carrot, brocolli, diced chilis, some spring onion and holkien(sp?) noodles Might have been some whostershire sauce in there also :)
Also hot dried crushed chilies.

Hmm hard to know if i've forgotten any ingredients - the main ones are there though CHILI :D

Here's my stuffed chicken and asparagus recipe:

I made stuffed chicken and a side of asparagus. I borrowed from some one's post on here. The chicken has spinach leaves, bacon, mozzerella and asparagus in it. A little basil on the outside and in the oven it goes. The Asparagus was fixed in a large pan with oil, basil, spinach leaves, portabella mushrooms, and some minced up garlic. It took about an hour and a half @ 350-375 for the chicken to get done.

Getting the chicken ready

The asparagus

My small workspace

Cooking the asparagus

The finished product

All photos are done curtesy of either an Alien Bee B800, Canon 580EX II, and 30D with 70-200 f/2.8L IS

Bump. I want some ideas. I'm making pizza tonight. Maybe one with a white sauce...alfredo?...and chicken.

Another with franks mixed in with the pizza sauce and BBQ'ed chicken on top.

Start with a nice homemade dough if you're going to do pizza none of that store bought stuff can hold a candle to it. I find with my homemade dough and homemade sauce there is really no need to add toppings. I really need to increase the amount of homemade mozzarella I make though then I'd have a perfectly from scratch pizza.

Bean-Soup.jpg

made this a few weeks ago. nice and spicy :)

*EDIT*

ingredients:

500g Pinto Beans (soak beans overnight in cold water)
2x Onion
2x Celery
2x Large carrot
3x Garlic Cloves
3x tbs Olive Oil
2x Bay leaves
Rosemary/thyme/parsley
110g Chopped Pancetta or Bacon
2x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
1x tsp Cumin seeds
1x tbs dried oragano
Black pepper and loads of salt (starchy beans need plenty of salt)
1x lime
(some sour cream to serve)

Method:

heat chopped onions, celery, carrots, bay leaf, rosemay, thyme, parsley, pancetta and garlic in heavy bottomed pan until soft (15 mins)

Add the beans and over with about 8cm of water (dont add salt yet). Bring to boil and boil hard for 10 mins. then lower and gentle simmer until the beans are soft (which could be around 1 and a half hours)

After that add the tins of toms and cumin, oregano, salt pepper and the lime juice.

simmer for another 30-6o mins, stir and squash the beans with a wooden spoon while you simmer to make the soup thicker... and you're done..

...that took me ages to type out, so you better make it :x

Last edited:
How about a Pita bread tutorial...

* 2 1/4 tsp yeast
* 1/2 cup warm water
* 1 teaspoon brown sugar
* 3 1/2 cups flour
* 1 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 cup lukewarm water

Activate yeast by mixing with 1/2 cup warm water and tsp of sugar
May08059.jpg

Mix flour and salt
May08060.jpg

Add yeasty water to the flour
May08063.jpg

Add the cup of warm water... start with 1/2 cup and slowly add more until it comes together...
May08064.jpg

Put on lightly floured counter and start to knead
May08065.jpg

Knead...
push
May08076.jpg

turn
May08074.jpg

fold
May08071.jpg

Place in bowl lightly covered in olive oil
May08083.jpg

Cover and let rise
May08087.jpg

Double
May08092.jpg

separate into small balls and let rise again about 10 min (preheat oven to 450)
I made 14....
May08095.jpg

roll out the dough
May08097.jpg

May08098.jpg

let rest another 10 min...
May08101.jpg

put in oven and watch them puff up...
May08105.jpg

Enjoy!!!
May08110.jpg

May08112.jpg

May08115.jpg

Tuna with olive oil and smoked pepper grilled to about medium/medium rare. Sushi rice fixed with rice wine, salt, and sugar. Mayo & Sriracha mix layered with straight Sriracha on top for looks / dippage.

I also fixed garlic mashed potatoes with a tiny bit of old bay and soy sauce with wasabi to dip the tuna in and top the rice with.

Most reactions

Back