Photo Sequencing

thebigbillybob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
okay i did a search an dound nothin of use to me so im asking.... can someone either tell me a good technique or link me to one where i can sequence several photos into one heres an example of what id like to do

demon2.jpg

Well, first of all you have to have a camera that can take that many frames per second. If you do, take the shots, then open them in photoshop and copy and paste them into successive layers on top of the first shot. Make a layer mask on each layer and fill in so only the subject is revealed in each layer.

Digital Matt said:
Well, first of all you have to have a camera that can take that many frames per second. If you do, take the shots, then open them in photoshop and copy and paste them into successive layers on top of the first shot. Make a layer mask on each layer and fill in so only the subject is revealed in each layer.

got the shots i just need to know how to sequence em well

if you don't mess with the layers here's another (probably inferior actually) option, IF the subjects don't overlap.

Pick the shot that has the most background action (ideally there won't be any but on occasion this can work with one or two photos that do) and use it as your base. Then take the square select tool and draw a box around the subject in another photo. Then past it into the base and use the arrows to align it perfectly. If the subjects actually overlap (like in the photo you posted) then its gonna be a lot more difficult

thebigbillybob said:
a lil more detail please ive never wrkd w/ layr masks

Ok, no problem :)

Once you have all the photos pasted in the correct order, you can add a layer mask to each one (excep the background layer). The button to do this is on the bottom of the layers palette. Fill in each layer mask with 100% black. Make black your foreground color, click the layer mask, and hit alt+backspace. Now switch to white as your foreground color, pick a big soft brush, and paint in (on the photo) where the subject was to reveal him. Anything you paint white over will show up. If you make a mistake and paint too much, switch to black to "erase". This way you never actually touch the photo, and you can always fix your mistakes.

Make sense? Do that for each successive photo.

i haven't read all the replies so apoligies if i'm repeating things but i've done sequencing a number of times. if you use a tripod it makes life a lot easier as the background will be exactly the same on all shots and you won't have any variations.

the last time i did sequencing i simply used the lasso tool and copy and pasted the subject.

[/quote]couldnt you just do multiple exposure? if you compensated for exposure
that's the way we did it in the "old" days.... :roll:

thanks fir the help guys!! heres what ive dine so far.... the pics arent great (conditions sucked) over cast clouds and ice all over eventally breaking my arm (which is when i picked up my cam) all of these had my knee for a tripod

gatewayseq1.jpg

my fav

gatewaygapseq.jpg

mac.jpg

that one used the method tr0gd0o0r suggested

Most reactions

Back