Photo Sharing HELP!

JenLavazza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jenlavazza.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! I have a question about photo sharing. I'm getting ready to take a bunch of Christmas photo sessions and am looking for a good way to share the proofs over the internet. I've heard of Smugmug, but would rather find a free method. I use Flickr, but would rather find a more private way to share without making them have to join. I like Printroom, but don't want to order the photos from them. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

multiply.com

you can restrict access but then again everybody would need to register and add you as a contact

You can use printroom.com to just show the photos and not order from them. I use them and just password protect the albums that you want to. You can then either give them discs or order your own from another source. They could always order off the site and you would be compensated, but the prices they set are usually a little more than what I charge people, so I tell them that upfront.

Printroom does do a good job with the printing of the photos though.

Proofing online is not a good sales technique, proofing in person is much better.

I would recommend a pro account with Zenfolio ($100 a year). You can set it up so your clients can order right there and with the pro account you can set the pricing. Mpix.com does the printing and if you'd like they will drop ship to your client in packaging that does not have the Mpix logo on it anywhere. You can also set it up so you can review a clients order before it gets submitted to Mpix, just in case the client made an ordering error.

That also gives you access to most of Mpix's other products like, canvas prints, framing, brag books etc.

Last edited:
I looked into this a while ago and believe that Printroom.com has one of the best, pro-caliber free photo proofing options. The have paid options as well. There are some strange things about printroom.com, but overall it isn't bad. Their tech support isn't that bad either.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back