Photo Sharing sites

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by ksmattfish, Jun 6, 2005.

1. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Aug 25, 2003
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I want to start using a photo sharing service so my family and friends can see my family snaps and order prints without bugging me all the time. Has anyone got a recommendation? I looked into and Kodak, but they don't sell 8"x12" prints, only 8"x10", which is just annoying since the 1:1.5 aspect ratio has ruled consumer photography for 3 or 4 decades now. Anyway, there is only about a million of these websites out there, and I need help sorting out a good one.

My important criteria are:

must sell 8"x12" prints
    easy photo sharing: I don't want to have to email everyone each time I upload new pics, I want to be able to invite someone to share once

Anybody had good luck with a particular service?
  2. KevinR

KevinR TPF Noob!

Feb 1, 2005
    Hey matt,
    I was looking around and one of the only sites I found that had an on-line album and did 8x12 was Sprint Photo

I have used webshots. No 8x12 though

good luck
  3. Ihaveaquestion

Ihaveaquestion TPF Noob!

Mar 31, 2005
    I put a bunch on

Which pisses of my grandma because she cant figure out how to print them on her computer.

I keep saying right click grandma right click.

Anyway good luck dude.
  4. Jaze1618

Jaze1618 TPF Noob!

Jun 19, 2005
    Im not sure if they have 8x12's but there is a free promotion on this site

(this is just a copy paste of my other post)

5 gigs of storage for free!

apparently photomax is doing a launch promotion and giving away 20 4x6 prints and 1 free 8x10

I just got my free prints in today and they are top notch great fuji film quality.

They also promise not to delete your photo's even if you go an entire life span without buying anything.
    This is soo great for me, i have tons of old photos that are in a box in the attic fading away that need to be preserved.

They have a 800 number toll free customer service line which I find very impressive. They don't appear to be yet another soulless website trying to get you to buy prints.

My mom's friend told us about photomax and she says they will also digitize slides, negatives and film photographs for you as well. Cool!

And before i forget heres the link, im not sure how long this promotion will last. So enjoy!