Photo Shoot at A Place Called Hope

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My favorite Raptor rehab center had an open call to photographers today. It was awesome! 10 Raptors out of their enclosures, but not able to fly. They don't train birds to do tricks, they rehab them and release them. But most of these are lifers as they have injuries that would not allow them to survive in the wild.. I was like raptor papparazzi.. D800/D7100, Tamron 150-600/Tamron 70-200 and my 180 Macro.. Comments welcome and thanks for looking..
1 Lunar
Northern Saw Whet Owl 1 APCH 10_26 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

2 Chestnut
Great Horned Owl 2 APCH 10_26 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

3 Hobgoblin
Barn Owl 6 APCH 10_26 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

4 Iris
Red Tail Hawk 5 10_26 APCH by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

5 Zen
Barred Owl APCH 10_26 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

There are more here if you want to check them out.. The first 12 or so are from my last outing.. APCH 2014 - an album on Flickr

Really good. #1 is awesome....

Nice shots Kris. We have a couple of rehab centres here in Alberta, I will have to try and get to one of them next year and see if I can't get some good pics like these.

WesternGuy

Wonderful! especially #2.

Love them! Nicely done. I think owls are fascinating.

Great shots as always. Were these shot with the Tamron 150-600?

Last edited:
I really like the hobgoblin, all great shots though but that is one cool looking owl.

Nice! I'd love to go some place like that but I don't think there are any around here. I brought in an injured great horned owl that I found a couple of months ago but I think they ended up sending him down to Vancouver.

That first one . . . just "wow."

Owls/birds are awesome! And these photos, can't go wrong. I've always wanted to see an owl and have even had one living outside my window for a week or so. The only reason I know this as I would fall asleep to their "noises". SO COOL.

Thank you everyone!

Great shots as always. Were these shot with the Tamron 150-600?
1 - D7100, 180 Tamron Macro
2 - D800, 180 Tamron Macro
3 - D800 150-600
4 - D800 150-600
5 - D800 Tamron 70-200 USD VC

Number two is the winner for me, Such a beautiful bird! These are all picture perfect as usual. Thanks for sharing!

Most reactions

Back