Photo Studio Backdrop

I don't disagree. My only problem is with sheets. They make terrible backdrops.

In the case of the OP, and most amateurs out there, buying a roll of seamless at $40-$50 isn't practical for occasional use. If you were in a studio, using it daily or even weekly than yes it might be a better choice for some shots. For about $10 I can buy a sheet at Wally world in several different colors. Spend a few mins. ironing, steaming, stretching and have a usable backdrop. Micro fiber blankets also work well. There is a photographer here in our town, that rented an old building. It caught my eye, because inside he has created a world of make believe sets. From formal sitting rooms, to gardens, to grand stairway to nowhere, to industrial wall, he has it all.

That's fine. I said seamless paper is better than sheets and that you won't find sheets in professional studios. You disagree. I get it.

You might consider a "style statement"? What I mean is find a background you like for a particular type of photo and use that background most, or all, the time. For instance. a pet photographer I know has a board with fake bricks and uses that for dog pics. You see a picture across the room and know it's hers.

I use sheets or fabric. I went out and purchased a hand held steam iron, it is easy to use and gets the fabric or sheets looking smooth. Get the flash off of the shoe if you want to prevent shadows

Most reactions

Back