photo tags, what do you use?

ponyboy4130

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i just want to tag my photos with my name and year taken, what software do you guys use? i have photoshop cs, and have been messing around with adobe lightroom, but dont really know what im doing when editing. im new :)

I'm really new to all this myself, but my initial research led me to Photoshop Lightroom. It seems to be great for cataloging, organizing, and tagging your photos. It does more than that (editing, processing, etc), but you're asking specifically about tagging that's why I mention those things. When I first tried Lightroom, I was a little overwhelmed and didn't really know what to do, but I found a site with some pretty good instructional videos that really helped me. Try this site:

http://www.whibalhost.com/_Tutorials/Photoshop_LR/01/

There are 11 videos that cover every aspect of Lightroom, but I suggest at least watching 1-4 to get familiar with the program and learn how to import and tag your photos. I also recommend watching the rest to learn about all the other areas and features, but those first 4 will get you started with what you want to know. There may be better tutorials out there, but these worked great for my needs.

P.S. The site sells a product called WhiBal and it is mentioned throughout some of the tutes (mainly the editing portions where it applies), but I didn't find it annoying or obtrusive at all. Just thought I'd mention it in case the subtle advertising may annoy someone.

cool, i have lightroom, ill start playing with it more, i do love watching tutorials on ITUNES, just podcasts, there free! video podcasts are just great.

With lightroom its very easy to assign tags to a photo... and yeah it's a good idea to watch tutorials on ITUNES, or YouTube as well... :)
Good Luck :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back