Photo taken by me... for sale

I have 100's of shots like that................ I'm rich!!!!!!!!!!!

For art? Yeah. $350 is cheap.

For a poster it would be crazy, but this person is selling prints. Good photos from someone with even a small name start at more like $1000 and go up from there.

There's a biiiiiiiig issue. Right click, save image as... BAM it's mine. I wouldn't do it, but lots of assholes would.

I know artistic is one of those words that people toss out there when they don't understand what they are looking at, but in this case, there is very little artistic about this picture, it could have been shot out a car window with a cardboard camera while driving by. It's not a wall hanger. There are likely hundreds of better free Toronto skyline shots on line.

I know artistic is one of those words that people toss out there when they don't understand what they are looking at, but in this case, there is very little artistic about this picture, it could have been shot out a car window with a cardboard camera while driving by. It's not a wall hanger. There are likely hundreds of better free Toronto skyline shots on line.

You are mostly correct, sir. Here are 10 pages' worth of links of Toronto skyline images, including multiple wiki-FREE images in big sizes. Toronto skyline photos - Google Search

I used the reference to art for pretty specific reasons. The picture does not strike me as an effort to accurately portray anything but to, perhaps, evoke a feeling.

Nobody would buy it as a record of what TO looks like. They might buy it because they like the picture and they get a good feeling when they look at it. They'd buy it as art, essentially.

Most of TPF is focused on technically accurate representations, of making photos that look mostly like what other professional makers of representative photos make. So, the perspectives you get here tend to be skewed in that direction.

Art isn't about how a thing is made. It's about how it's seen.

I used the reference to art for pretty specific reasons. The picture does not strike me as an effort to accurately portray anything but to, perhaps, evoke a feeling.

Nobody would buy it as a record of what TO looks like. They might buy it because they like the picture and they get a good feeling when they look at it. They'd buy it as art, essentially.

Most of TPF is focused on technically accurate representations, of making photos that look mostly like what other professional makers of representative photos make. So, the perspectives you get here tend to be skewed in that direction.
Yes but there's plenty of people here who don't do the technically accurate representation and actually create some really great looking photographic ART ... --> check this out for one instance --> Metal Prints Arrived! | Photography Forum

Yes but there's plenty of people here who don't do the technically accurate representation and actually create some really great looking photographic ART ... --> check this out for one instance --> Metal Prints Arrived! | Photography Forum

Aw, thanks! You are great for a bunny's ego! ;)

wow. judgmental much? someone takes a photo and prices it you either want to buy it or you dont. Look at the peanut gallery we have here... :801:

wow. judgmental much? someone takes a photo and prices it you either want to buy it or you dont. Look at the peanut gallery we have here... :801:

Yeah, and this comment is spot on, too: But then, TPF is Latin for 'sneering' do you guys go right ahead.

I find this thread rather offensive. Someone links to someone else's image from CL, presumably to ask about pricing and CL as a place to make sales, and we have 3 pages of "what a crappy pic!" :thumbno:

Maybe sticking to answering the OP's questions and laying off the insults would be a nicer approach.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back