photoblogs?

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm pretty sure some of you have photoblogs, so I thought I'd pop a question in...what do you think of them? I'm seriously considering starting one up so I'm forced to shoot every day. I don't know much about them, other than what they look like. Any suggestions? I'd like something easy to setup and maintain. I've looked around but havent found anything that great/easy.

any suggestions or tips would be great!

thanks!

I quite like photoblogs. I think it's a great way to present your work to your visitors. I recently set one up using pixelpost (see my sig). It's pretty easy to set up, as long as you have a web host with mysql and PHP. I'm using one of the default themes on mine, part because I like how it looks but mostly because I haven't been able to come up with a better design. They look pretty easy to customize, though (as long as you have a little computer knowhow and creativity).

The only problem I've had lately is that I now find myself posting my photos to too many places. Since I got a dslr (and hence been shooting more digital photos), I've signed up for deviantart and flickr, and set up my photoblog. Then there's the gallery on this forum, too. :confused: But the thing I like about dA, flickr, and the forum is that there's an audience there to see and appreciate your work when you post it, whereas you have to drive the traffic to your photoblog in order for it to be seen. But the nice thing about photoblogs is that you can customize the experience your viewers get when they go to your page. So I suppose it's really up to you whether you want to go for a photoblog or not.

i've been looking at pixelpost actually, so thanks for the info! i don't use flickr or deviantART, but i think if i post it in enough places i might get comments on a photoblog. we'll see.

so how do you like your new 30d?! :)

I didn't know you got one.

darin3200 said:
It depends on what type of blog you want. For the more text/images combo you can use blogger or wordpress. I think both work great. wordpress is a little nicer

yea, ive taken to reading your blog lately... i use pixelpost though

Most reactions

New Topics

Back