PhotoDump! Singapore

duncanp

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.duncanphilpott.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
During the summer holiday I was lucky enough to visit my uncle in Singapore. I took a few pics while I was there.

View of the roof above a market:

IMG_0165EDITBLACKANDWHITE.jpg

Colour version:

IMG_0165EDIT.jpg

Wine cooler at restaurant:

IMG_0525.jpg

Abstract at restaurant:

IMG_0480.jpg

City Street:

IMG_0169blackandwhite.jpg

Cola at another restaurant:

IMG_0110.jpg

Gecko on a lamp:

IMG_0057.jpg

People playing Chinese Chess, a bit out of focus:

chess.jpg

Thanks for looking

welcome to TPF. excellent series! looking foward to seeing more of your work.

Hey "duncanp", and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
So I assume you are Duncan in real life?
But you got to sit next to Daphne during that one meal in the restaurant ;)?? (Wine cooler pic!)
And you usually live in the UK?

Lovely series.
The effect of seeing first the black and white photo of that busy street scene in Singapore and then the colour version, and how the two versions make you look at different things and evoke different feelings is quite interesting.

The entire collection of pictures is nice here, very varied, general views, close-ups, people... I quite like that. And you nicely played with the given light in the restaurant... that cola photo is something else here :). (Reminds me of my sister and how she photographed everything, even our colas, when we had a PhotoForum Meet-Up in the UK in August :mrgreen: ).

Hey, you should try Malaysia (which is my former country of residence :) . Singapore is too urbanized and compacted. Malaysia offers more colour than Singapore, cultural-wise.

But in the mean time, great photos :)

And all my questions? Will they remain unanswered forever? :cry:

i thought u were assuming?

lol sure i live in the UK, i cant move around much im 13.....

and my name is duncan

for other queastions that may be asked; the pics were taken on a Canon Ixus 50 (at the dinner table). The others are taken on a conon EOS 888 with a 28 - 90mm f4/5.4 lens and a 80 - 200mm f4/5.4 lens

OK ;) I was assuming ... with a question mark :).
Hey, I have an idea: walk down to the Welcome and Introductions Forum and tell us a bit more about yourself there. And if you are only 13, this could make you the youngest member? Now that would be something, right?

Welcome to the forum. :)

The street photo's are cool. Even though in the B&W the shades sort of merge together, I like it like that. It makes them seem really busy and chaotic, yet things are still clearer than in the colour version.

Yes, I am odd. :mrgreen:

You lucky-lucky! I wish I coul've been there!
I really love the second one and the one with people playing chess.
Great shots!
:D

Hi, welcome to the forum, i really love this series, i can't decide whether i like 1 or 2 best, but i'm edging more towards the black and white more, i love the business of it, and the b&w is effective, however...all these colours :lol:
3 is great as well, good work :D

Most reactions

Back