Photoflex: Light & Umbrella Shoe Mount Clamp Parts

Overstanding

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello. I Just got back into external flashing and found some of these in my photo bag, but realized that the little metal brass piece that inserts into the bottom of the mount/clamp is missing in a few of them, and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find THE METAL BRASS PIECE without having to re-buy the whole clamp.

pfsc.jpg

Do you own light stands? That brass part (usually that’s called a “spigot”) is normally threaded onto the top of the stand and you slip the bracket on and snug down the screws. I’m thinking that possibly those brass spigots are on your light stands.

Flashzebra.com sells spigots quite affordably, as do other retail photo-gear establishments; now that you know you are looking for female-thread spigots (to accept the male screw-on thread atop most light stands). Look for 1/4" x 20 N.C. threaded spigots, in plain brass, or chrome-plated if you like. Most spigots will have also a 3/8 female thread on the opposite end of the 1/4" x 20, but there are some MIC cheapies that will likely have only one thread size

Do you own light stands? That brass part (usually that’s called a “spigot”) is normally threaded onto the top of the stand and you slip the bracket on and snug down the screws. I’m thinking that possibly those brass spigots are on your light stands.

I do have light stands. I checked the top screws first, then searched through my bag only to find one. I share equipment with friends and that's most likely where they got misplaced. I normally screw the clamp on and off, but now that you mention it. Keep it screwed on and sliding the clamp over is a way better way to avoid loosing them. Thanks!

Flashzebra.com sells spigots quite affordably, as do other retail photo-gear establishments; now that you know you are looking for female-thread spigots (to accept the male screw-on thread atop most light stands). Look for 1/4" x 20 N.C. threaded spigots, in plain brass, or chrome-plated if you like. Most spigots will have also a 3/8 female thread on the opposite end of the 1/4" x 20, but there are some MIC cheapies that will likely have only one thread size

That was very helpful. Thank you very much for the info!

Most reactions

Back