PhotoForum Strap

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Dominic, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Dominic

Dominic TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Anyone know the usual turn around time to receive The PhotoForum camera strap once you've ordered it?

2. Trenton Romulox

Trenton Romulox TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You can order The Photo Forum straps? Whoa, I did not know that. Pretty sweet. Someone answer this man's question, I wanna know too :p

By the way, Dominic, nice signature. Well, nice except communism totally does work. :p

3. Dominic

Dominic TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Gee, I guess no one else followed that white rabbit. Is (donate@thephotoforum.com) the real deal? I haven't received a message back from them. That advertising link looked so tempting - floating in the "Shop With Our Sponsors" area, and I really liked the strap.

Seriously, does anyone know what's up? Moderators?

4. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's been so long since I've ordered my straps, I can't remember. You posted on a Friday night.....things are slower here on a weekend. Have a little more patience and someone who has ordered more recently will come along and post.

5. Reel1

Reel1 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hello, I ordered one last week. Here is part of the email i rec'd back when I asked the same question.

Generally allow 1-2 weeks for delivery. We try to send them out as quickly as possible, but it is sometimes a day or two before we get a chance to mail them.

Thanks,
    Chase

6. Dominic

Dominic TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I guess I assumed that when someone advertises an item, they would more than likely have it "in stock" and ready to ship. I understand now that that may not be the case. What I don't understand is ordering something weeks ago and not receiving any type of confirmation email, or notice letting me know that payment was received, or when I can expect the item to arrive.
    The sales page should mention if this item is going to take 6-8 weeks (or how ever long).

I'm sorry, but if I send an email to someone asking for clarity of a transaction I expect a timely answer. The initial order was placed on the 14th of February and I still haven't heard from anyone (except my bank statement)

I can order a plain OpTech (that doesn't promote this site to the public) from a number of online retailers. I like this site and wanted to support TPF... I just wanted an email like the above person received.

7. EBphotography

EBphotography TPF Junkie!

Photos OK to edit
    Unfortunately, while I agree a little more communication is needed here, you might be better off taking this issue up by way of PM with either Chase or Terri. Or the feedback section. Sorry to hear of your troubles, and I hope it gets worked out!

Eric

8. Chase

Chase I am now benign! Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Dominic, just to follow up with you. I replied to you yesterday evening and it is possible that this was lost in the mail. We do have them in stock, and they are shipped regular mail. We ship them within a couple of days of the order (depending on what day of they week we receive the order). Orders are generally shipped the following day, unless received after Friday, in which case they are usually shipped the following Tuesday.

As I stated in the message to you, please give it til the end of the week, and if no strap is received, we will ship another to you. Also, please confirm your shipping information via email to me in order to ensure we had the correct info.

Thanks,
    Chase

9. WDodd

WDodd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Calm down, my friend. When I ordered my strap it took about a week to receive it because of the shipping method. Well worth the wait though.

Hope everything works out.

10. ruaslacker2

ruaslacker2 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I would be interested in one, where are they listed ?

11. karissa

karissa The Untitled

Photos OK to edit
  12. ztekneq

ztekneq TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    so you get an email that says 1-2 weeks and i get one that says 6 weeks...... i ordered it b/c of the 1-2 weeks NOT b/c it would take close to two months....

i just ordered mine last week. if it is going to take two months then i think i would like a refund plz.