Photograph editing question?

BlackFire19

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
When editing photographs using photoshop program is the only thing you need to change is brightness and contrast and giving it the option of being in black and white?

what? wat are you trying to accomplish in the edit?

from what i got out of it, photoshop offers a lot more than brughtness/ contrast and blask/white

The most common things I adjust are brightnes, contrast, sharpness and saturation... in that order. However, Photoshop is a ridiculously powerful tool that can do pretty much anything one would ever want to do to a picture, up to and including stuff like giving people third eyes and changing their skin green. (first things I ever did with photoshop!) :)

Okay maybe the better question is what all can I do to a photo on a photoshop if I am taking professional pics like say of models or other type of subjects?

I think that's basically an un-answerable question. What can't you do is probably more answerable... to which the response would be "very little". I'm not trying to be a punk, it's just reality. It's very powerful and flexible.

I feel like we're dancing around a sub-issue here, though... what are you trying to do? What is the root question you are trying to get answered? Are you trying to see if the cost is justified? If you should bother learning it? Is there something in particular you want to do and you want to know if PS can handle it?

I am not sure what you mean exactly but I think you are trying to tell me that in a way its up to me on how I wanna edit my pictures even if I will use just a few things right?

what camera are you shooting with and did it come with software? For the simple tasks you alluded to in your original post, most bundled software can handle that.

Even "entry" or "low buck" versions of Photoshop such as Elements can do most everything you want and craploads of stuff you'll never want.

Derrick

I am not sure what you mean exactly but I think you are trying to tell me that in a way its up to me on how I wanna edit my pictures even if I will use just a few things right?

Um... Sure! Let's go with that.

Someone stop this ride, I wanna get off.

:confused:

what camera are you shooting with and did it come with software? For the simple tasks you alluded to in your original post, most bundled software can handle that.

Even "entry" or "low buck" versions of Photoshop such as Elements can do most everything you want and craploads of stuff you'll never want.

Derrick

Well my camera is a film camera and its a Minolta I am not sure but thats the only thing I see that shows what type of camera it is. And it obviously I just usually use the Photo Shop program I downloaded to my computer.

Didn't know you were shooting film, sorry. Likely no bundled software then. LOL

I guess then I still do not quite understand your original question. Sorry

Derrick

No I am sorry I should have thought out my question before but what I usually do is scan my film photos after they have been developed on my computer and I guess I was asking would only editing brightness, contrast and saturation be the only best things to edit on film photos. But I think its really up to me what I wanna edit on my pictures.

I know that but I can choose what things I wanna edit. I guess I have answered my own question because just cuz there is so much I can do doesn't mean I have to do them. cause its up to me and what I wanna edit.

exactly, and they even have auto features like auto color and auto contrast and stuff wehre it does it automatically to what it thinks looks best and does a pretty good job

And all photoshops have a auto feature? And just letting you know I am using the photoshop program called GIMP its free downloadable photoshop.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back