Photograph your other fav. hobbie :D

Archangel said:
I agree with alison... these are cool.... i knew you liked kayaking.... but this looks like proper serious kit!
Oh dear me, all that stuff was provided by the expedition company...I don't own any of it myself! I only pointed out the cold weather gear in what appeared to be a sunny pic, so people don't think most of Canada has 'Arctic' weather in the summer.

Magic Monkey, that's an 'out there' hobby ya got!

JOAT said:
I enjoy quite a bit....

3D/Design which is a hobby/freelance job.

This one isn't finished :p
cchop-render.jpg
3dsmax? Maya? Bryce? Doesn't look like Rhino... I do a fair share of work with solidworks.

No photos, but i scuba dive, snowboard, rock climb (building a wall in my back yard at the moment), and play paintball.

I love doing extra work/ bit roles for TV and film. Here's me in "Tremors" the tv series. I played a cave spelunker who got killed during the first five minutes by a mummifying gas.:confused:

Before:

tremor.jpg

For all you darksider, the after: :mrgreen:

mummy.jpg

cool alex!..... i didnt know we had a TV star on here! :mrgreen: ..... i love the 'after' effects very cool :thumbup:

Antarctican said:
Kayaking (in Canada, one can only do it in the summer, so it's a short season. These pics are from a trip to the Arctic, which is why I have on a drysuit and my hands are in 'pogie's.)

7227-2Sept2005Arctic035cropforTPF.jpg

The beauty of kayaking...enjoying a stellar view in the peace and quiet
7227-120-MaxwellBaySmall.jpg

These shots are stunning, it looks sooo peacefull.
Are you lucky enough to see any Orca's when kayaking?

clarinetJWD said:
Clarinetforum.jpg

That's right, a musician. Wanna make something of it? Or hire me? :D
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but you appear to be a bassoonist. I miss the bassoon... I never should have stopped.

andreag5 said:
Judging from his username, I'd bet a penny he plays the clarinet.
:banghead:

definetly didn't look at the username... :lmao:

ooooooops

Hoppy said:
Are you lucky enough to see any Orca's when kayaking?
No, I haven't seen Orca's while kayaking, but a polar bear got a little too close for comfort on that particular trip. Apparently they can swim faster than we can paddle, even in panic mode. He was very tough to see, with just his white head sticking out of the water as he swam along the bottom of a glacier, with bits of ice floating around. He blended in very well, which is how he got so close (about 25 metres/80 feet) before we saw him. Thankfully he took no notice of the 10 kayakers. We joked that we would've looked like smarties to him...colourful crunchy outside and soft n tasty inside - LOL.

If I ever make it out to Vancouver, there are places you can kayak where Orcas are known to go. I would LOVE to do that. Probably lots of other places on the west coast too. I live near Lake Ontario, so no whales in those parts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back