Photographer waiting

one of my favorites, really beautiful

Very nice image Lew. I'll just keep looking at the picture in my nice comfortable office and not experience it live and that cold. Glad you braved it out and shared with us.

I really like this image......would look great in large format.

Dave

I should have mentioned this before that the black sand beach is crushed lava and the larger stones on the beach are larger pieces of lava.
The entire island is volcanic soils that seem to compact very well; i noticed several roads being laid down over a base of compacted natural soils.

You can do the same thing in PS....you can do most of it in the RAW editor if you choose (which, coincidentally is very similar to the LR editor; I wonder why). LR has its place but I do not think it is the only option in this case. In fact, I do not know of any instance where LR is better to use than PS unless you just don't like to maximize the digital contents of your image. But then that is my opinion.

In fact, I do not know of any instance where LR is better to use than PS unless you just don't like to maximize the digital contents of your image.

An interesting mix of passive-aggressiveness and snarkiness.
So your implication is either that I must not want to maximize the digital contents of my image or that I don't know PS well.

There is, perhaps, a third option, that I know both programs really well and think that LR is better where the margins of different areas are ambiguous and masks aren't as satisfactory as brushing in an entire set of changes with an adjustment brush.

The colors are somehow both dramatic and serene at the same time. A truly lovely shot.

I do wonder what the back of HIS camera looks like. The other side of the story, so to speak. Did you happen to catch his name? :giggle:

Most reactions

Back