Photographers worst nightmare

Thanks everyone. Ive spent about 12 hours searching in the last couple days. Took a rake and flashlight and went over my path, and areas close by. Looked under leaves, benches, any place it might have been kicked. Still nothing.

Everyone has been very supportive. Even a guest from the wedding said that I was handling it so well (not losing my mind, but being rational, thoughful, and that she coudl tell I was very genuinely upset) and has since booked her wedidng with me.

I will be meeting with the bride and groom this weekend to decide how we shoudl proceed.

Do you think it would be appropriate fro me to contact those people I knew, and ask for a disk of the shots...?

I think so. But whatever you decide to do, I suggest you do it with the blessings of the couple.... EVERYTHING in full sight. No more surprises.

I truly wish you the best of luck.

-Pete

+1

I was recently at a wedding and took a shot of the b&g with my little Canon Powershot as they were dancing. Out of pure luck, it turned out to be their favorite photo - - and this at a big NY wedding which had two very highly paid pros there.

Father of bride asked me for jpeg, I sent it, and it now has a prominent place in official wedding portfolio. I was very happy to contribute.

Soooo, maybe you can get some good shots and include them. But I would very much agree with Christie who gave you excellent advice, let the b&g know whatever you do - - no more surprises.

You are human - - do your best and that's all you can do.

I would be inclined to give a full refund, and then move on.

You seem like a very nice person. Learn from the mistake and then go on doing the good that you do. . .

Most reactions

Back