Photographic Assumptions... discuss!

Ask the client about stretch marks.

Yes, the Barista girl expects free pictures. Offer "discounted" shots, it also lowers the creep factor.

1. What you are asking about is not 'editing' but 'retouching'. Editing is selecting and cropping. Retouching is altering the image itself. So your agreement - if what you state is accurate - does not require you to remove the stretch marks or anything else.
So first, get an understanding of the terminology and use the correct terms.

Well, you learn something everyday. I consider ANY alteration to an image as an edit whether it be cloning something out, making it B&W or changing the composition with a crop. But I guess Im not in the habit of splitting hairs.

I am trying to say that randomly handing out your card is a bad idea.

Why would you think it is a bad idea? I would think that asking someone and NOT having a card would be the dumber thing to do. With a card you may not get the session, but you at least go from a "kid with a camera" to an amateur or pro photographer. It sure is better than "wow lady, you're gorgeous... can I take a few nudie pics of you???" :lol:

I agree that if done wrong, it is easy to come off as a pervert looking for action, however, if the card has a website and address of a studio, and you did what I did (to bring along anyone she wants, including her husband), that it does lower the creep factor for them.

I guess Im not in the habit of splitting hairs.

It's not a matter of splitting hairs but of being precise.
If you take pictures for money then you are entering into a contract with the client. In order to avoid problems and litigation it is vital that you use correct terminology. Assuming that the other party knows what you meant when you have used the wrong term is asking for trouble. You would be amazed at just how many clients try to weasel out of paying on a technicality. And splitting hairs is what lawyers do for a living ;)

Most reactions

Back