Photographic Pet-Peeves

Critique. Way over rated. People try to see too much in a photo, and go a little overboard with this critique stuff. :er:
Oh, that's totally me, Chiller!
Dont get me wrong....but I just think this whole act of posting photos on a photo forum, and people trying to find flaws, has become a little hilarious. :lol::lmao::lol:
But we have had numorous threads about critique, so I wont go there. I just stopped posting photos...it was easier. :lol:
I'm guilty of that.
I guess I'm not sure what they really want, but I will try and tone it down and just touch on the fundamentals, but not dig too deep.

I'll change me Ol' Ways

Dont get me wrong....but I just think this whole act of posting photos on a photo forum, and people trying to find flaws, has become a little hilarious. :lol::lmao::lol:
But we have had numorous threads about critique, so I wont go there. I just stopped posting photos...it was easier. :lol:

No, I totally got what you were saying based on other posts you've made. I just thought it was funny because I give a lot of C&C. I know we disagree on the value of C&C, but I'm okay with not agreeing on everything. The world would be a pretty boring place if everyone agreed on everything... it'd be a bit like Camazotz.

Well, the only thing that will really stand out to me is a bad watermark. I'll go further, if you are a FNG and your photos show some serious fundamental flaws, and you plaster a giant watermark on there with the intention of either A. Advertising you in fact took that, showing your current skill level, or B. you believe that someone secretly desires your shot and you must protect it; it will bug the **** out of me.
OMG, forgot this one.

... and the one about the big borders.

One Forum-related one... write an endless, detailed C+C... and then get resounding silence from the OP. Garr...

Mile high black borders on the top and bottom of the photo... Really? Is it necessary?

Dude, those make it look like a movie.

:lmao:

yea, you forgot to tell them how awesome they are. duh. haha. Although, when i critique and get a critique, i do like do focus on both positive and negative points. just so they aren't so disheartened.

"Portraits" made with short focal length lenses. AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

"Fill" flash that is greater than the main. And most any on-camera flash.

And, most definitely, zoo animals. That and snapshots of statues.

-Pete

No, I totally got what you were saying based on other posts you've made. I just thought it was funny because I give a lot of C&C. I know we disagree on the value of C&C, but I'm okay with not agreeing on everything. The world would be a pretty boring place if everyone agreed on everything... it'd be a bit like Camazotz.
I agree that C&C is good, and some of y'all do it well.:D It is a shame tho, that a lot of people who are here get defensive when you give them something they dont want to hear. :er:

aww, i love taking pictures of my dog...

4157349082_862e591a37_b.jpg

Careful, Pugs. You keep going at it with the penguin stuff and Anarctican will find you, strap you to a chair, prop your eyes open a la A Clockwork Orange and make you watch Happy Feet, Madagascar and March of the Penguins for three solid days.

Careful, Pugs. You keep going at it with the penguin stuff and Anarctican will find you, strap you to a chair, prop your eyes open a la A Clockwork Orange and make you watch Happy Feet, Madagascar and March of the Penguins for three solid days.
Eesh... I'm not sure which freaks me out more, A Clockwork Orange or the penguin flicks! :lol:

Actually, I have seen March of the Penguins and I really, really enjoyed it! Happy Feet made me ill, though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back