Photographic Q&A Sessions

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On TPF I notice quite a few people will go out of their way to post lengthily and detailed answers to peoples questions or in response to posted photos for critique and many a time there is a lot of good general information in these answers that many could benefit from; however it is often not possible to have the time to surf the whole site on a daily basis - so information gets lost to the community – especially for newer members.

So the aim here is to get different photographers to write articles on selected subjects – putting together their experiences, understanding and inspirations into articles that can then be collected together to remain a fixed reference point for the community as a whole.

However that is a little 2 dimensional and also some people just can't sit and write and article, they need a context. So as way of providing a context and (hopefully) tailoring articles towards what the community feels that it wants there will be a thread for each article in which questions can be raised before its written; the writer can then choose to answer those questions either as part of the article or as an extra QA at the end.

Each article will also be posted in its own separate thread in which there will be a chance for discussion of the article and any points raised in it afterwards – that way we also get to retain the dynamic aspect of the site.

I envision about one week between the posting of a questions thread and completion of an article - but of course some people will need more time than others so this is flexible.

I would like it if people willing to take part and write article for this would contact me with a theme/title for the article that they wish to write. I intend to start a new article thread once every few days and then its one week (roughly) from that day till the article should be finished for posting in its own thread. This thread will be started by the article author themselves and then a link will be provided here in this thread – thus acting as a central point of reference.

Please try to keep general comments about this project in this thread.

QA threads for upcoming articles:
Now up craig writing an article on studio lighting (tungsten) - QA thread here:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...aig-studio-lighting-tungsten.html#post1507697

comming soon - Garbz writing an article on infra red photography with ditial and film - QA thread here:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-red-photography-ditial-film.html#post1512525

Completed articles
Sabbath999's article on Zoo photography: discussion/question thread - link to main article in first post
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...d-sabbath999-zoo-photography.html#post1503335

Last edited:
update *I knew I forgot to update something*
articles are now heading the mods for proofing and then addition to the official articles section. This means things will slow down as articles are reviewed - it should NOT be taken that this move is over, just that its moved to a slower pace than was originaly intended.
That means you all have longer to write stuff! :)
I urge anyone willing to take part to still contact me and I will put up question threads for you - I will also add question threads tomorrow for those currently signed on who have not got a thread yet

Just tagging along... looking forward to seeing the articles.

Most reactions

Back