PhotoGraphics from Photobox54

Discussion in 'Personal and Professional Photography Websites' started by Dwain, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Dwain

Dwain TPF Noob!

OK, here's my site. It's a hobby run-a-muck. A little photography and a little art. I hope you enjoy.

www.photobox54.com

2. Dwain

Dwain TPF Noob!

I added a links page because a lot of folks wanted to know about local event calendars and places to shoot.

3. Jamie R

Jamie R TPF Noob!

The scope of the website is quite amazing - you should be pleased to have got it all on the same website.

Here's some thoughts I had when I was browsing your website.

The front page is a little too cluttered with just about everything on it. This makes most of the galleries easy to navigate, although a separate browser window opens up the thumbnails which gets a little untidy after a while.

Some of the images sit uneasily together: for instance, in the Austin gallery, some of the images are heavily digitised and look overtly manipulated. Others look desaturated without any tonal range. Then there are snapshots lumped beside these. It seems to take away from your portraiture work which you seem to have a more coherent feel for.

Vintage oval vignettes are back in fashion on your website, hmmm? The effect feels a little overdone on some galleries.

Great breadth of work throughout - well done.

4. Dwain

Dwain TPF Noob!

I've been looking for a set of "new eyes" to provide some feedback, thanks for taking the time to evaluate my site. I found several good comments in your reply. I prefer fewer clicks to get to the content but this is a trade off with a busy screen. You said the thumbnail screens open in a separate window? I haven't seen that. What browser do you use?

I may be trying to cater to too many clients at one time and should probably separate the catagories a little better.

You mentioned heavily digitized images in the Austin Gallery, what exactly does that mean, pixelated, over saturated?

I'll admit, I do tend to over vinette. I have to work on that. Yours isn't the first comment in that direction. Any other and more specific comments would be most welcome. It's my first site and Dreamweaver and Fireworks have about a zillion tools apiece and I only know about 5.
    I tried templates once and crashed my site for 3 days, back to the book.

Thanks again for taking the time view my site and provide some valuable comments, I really do appreciate it a lot.