Photographing a Building Impolsion

iluvphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I am going to watch a building impolsion ( demolition of a building by explosion) tomorrow. I am planning to take some shot. Any suggestions on camera setting? as everything will be done in a few seconds.
I will post the shots later on.

I would just pick out a good position for shooting as obviously you don't have time to move around, take a test exposure prior to the action, decide whether you want some movement or not, if you do shoot slow, say
100-220/sec or if you want to stop the action shoot at 1000/sec or more.
Remember some great shots can be had once the building is down with the dust and muck rising. I wouldn't shoot on a tripod in case you need to move quickly. trust this helps.

Shoot with the first plume of dust and keep shooting just as fast as you can. It is one of the few times more shots is better than one well thought out one. If you have a special shot in mind be sure to work it in but keep shooting.

As in any real estate it is location location location. Find the best angle you can. In this case I would say find a spot that you can capture the whole building if you want or zoom in and some feature if you want to do that. There is an instant usually that is the most dramatic but you never know when or where it will be just shoot a lot and trust your luck.

Actually those things fall pretty fast so if phillips advice about speed was good. At those speeds a tripod wouldn't help much anyway. Most of all unless you are being paid for the shots just have fun.

NM.
shooting on a canon rebel (300d)
set your focus to servio, and set your shutter to continuous. you have about 2 fps. (actually 2.5, but you get the idea), UNFORTUNATELY you only have a 4 image buffer, so youll get 4 shots off, then your fps goes down to like 1.5
i hope you have an ultraII card

Most reactions

New Topics

Back