photographing bras for catalog

pt82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am a designer for a lingerie company. I need to have bras photographed so that they look like they are on a mannequin and then clip them from the mannequin. This part is easy. What I'm having a problem with is coming up with a mannequin that allows me to show the inside back of the bra straps as they wrap around. The back has to have some kind of rigid form so the bra straps are stretched tight. We tried a clear mannequin, but there is too much reflection and distortion. Has anyone worked on a photo shoot like this? Here is an example of what I mean : http://www.championcatalog.com/category/3020000000.html.

have you tried working with a light tend?
i saw other folks shooting metallic surface inside a light tent and there is no reflection....i'm not sure if it works with clear mannequin..but it is worth a try.....

Welcome to the forum

I'm guessing that they separately photographed the inside/back of the garment, and used Photoshop to make it look the way it does.

When I worked for a Litho Company I had to do stuff like this

What I did is is used a few feet of wire, cut the wire and formed it to give them volume. Hung them from the top of the lighting rig and bingo

Most reactions

Back